Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racism

• 22-06-2014 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red237\green237\blue237;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl320\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 I hope this post gets posted to the correct place. I just wanna share something i experienced tonight and never want to experience it again. Long story short. best friend and myself got taxi. taxi driver Albanian. best friend went on a racism bender about albania. still feeling sick and sorry for the taxi driver. i guess i'm posting this to reassure myself that there are people out there who see god in everyone. tonight i shared a taxi with a close friend who turned out to be racist and i feel ashamed. }

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Albanians - Great bunch of la, ah forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

It's not your fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red237\green237\blue237;}
    \deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2

What the fcuk is all that shayt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dave! wrote: »

You left out a bit:

I hope this post gets posted to the correct place. I just wanna share something i experienced tonight and never want to experience it again. Long story short. best friend and myself got taxi. taxi driver Albanian. best friend went on a racism bender about albania. still feeling sick and sorry for the taxi driver. i guess i'm posting this to reassure myself that there are people out there who see god in everyone. tonight i shared a taxi with a close friend who turned out to be racist and i feel ashamed. }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    \deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 I hope this post gets posted to the correct place. I just wanna share something i experienced tonight and never want to experience it again. Long story short. best friend and myself got taxi. taxi driver Albanian. best friend went on a racism bender about albania. still feeling sick and sorry for the taxi driver. i guess i'm posting this to reassure myself that there are people out there who see god in everyone. tonight i shared a taxi with a close friend who turned out to be racist and i feel ashamed. }

Say what?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

i guess i'm posting this to reassure myself that there are people out there who see god in everyone.

You had me until you said that bollocks.

I see Jesus in the Austrian Eurovision winner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Northernrobm
    '{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    \deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2}'

Well said and now let's leave it at that.

efb wrote: »

I once saw Jesus in a piece of burnt toast, that's how I know he's real.

FearDark wrote: »

Crusty Jesus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Northernrobm

You had me until you said that bollocks.

just how i feel. wasn't trying to have anyone and by no means religious. just needed to vent

I once saw Muhammad in a Danish Newspaper

just how i feel. wasn't trying to have anyone and by no means religious. just needed to vent

Relax guy!

Dave! wrote: »

i don't work for boards. you tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

wasn't trying to have anyone and by no means religious.

So your not going to mass tomo?

Who do you work for?

Say what?

so much for me trying to keep it short and sweet

Timber yard?

So your not going to mass tomo?

The last time I was at mass was for a funeral about a year and a half ago- they changed the words!

so much for me trying to keep it short and sweet

Clear and concise preferred.

• Advertisement

Timber yard?

Window cleaner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    \deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2

Op, thats not racist, it's just formatting.
    You should appologise to your friend,
    and also reboot him.

I once saw Muhammad in a Danish Newspaper

I ate a Danish that looked like Muhammad.

ArtyM wrote: »
    Op, thats not racist, it's just formatting.
    You should appologise to your friend,
    and also reboot him.

Is he on xp maybe, virus?

I ate a Danish that looked like Muhammad.

I ate out a Dane

I ate out a Dane

I hear its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Woah trippy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I find your formatting to be very racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Racism Threads, are the new "in thing" in AH? or just my imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It has to be said it is fairly miraculous the way he has a nice beard and carries off that dress at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nodin wrote: »
    It has to be said it is fairly miraculous the way he has a nice beard and carries off that dress at the same time.
    Jelly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is there a Morse code version of that first post for those of us who are dying this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Gandhi was a noted racist, his bugbear was the African blacks where he'd often throw around the kaffir term (the equivalent here would be N1gger)

H felt that the Indians were seen on the same level as Africans.

"A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all than the native savages of Africa. Even the children are taught to behave in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I hear its great.

A great dane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gandhi was a noted racist, his bugbear was the African blacks where he'd often throw around the kaffir term (the equivalent here would be N1gger)

H felt that the Indians were seen on the same level as Africans.

"A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all than the native savages of Africa. Even the children are taught to behave in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir"
    People will forgive gandhi his racial slurs because...well...he's gandhi and those ccomments are a product of their time..this courtesy wont be extended to others however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Hadn't realised the Albanians were black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hadn't realised the Albanians were black.

This. OP"s friends not a racist,. More of a xenophobic little wanker.

glynf wrote: »
    This. OP"s friends not a racist,. More of a xenophobic little wanker.

Maybe it's the OP that's racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    \deftab720

Still, I bet when you defended the taxi driver there and then it showed your friend that they were out of line? You did do that, didn't you? I mean you wouldn't just keep quiet and then run to boards to post, now would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Well I have seen a lot about Albanians and in my experience they generally try to kidnap your adult daughter while the remainder will try avenge the death of the family you killed.

Gmol wrote: »
    Well I have seen a lot about Albanians and in my experience they generally try to kidnap your adult daughter while the remainder will try avenge the death of the family you killed.

Sounds like a good film plot.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Still, I bet when you defended the taxi driver there and then it showed your friend that they were out of line? You did do that, didn't you? I mean you wouldn't just keep quiet and then run to boards to post, now would you?

Why would he open his mouth about it?If his friend was ill mannered enough to abuse a lad who was dropping them home, he more than likely is not the type of person to listen to reason and be prepared to change his way of thinking.

Arguing with these type of people isnt going to get you anything except a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Why would he open his mouth about it?If his friend was ill mannered enough to abuse a lad who was dropping them home, he more than likely is not the type of person to listen to reason and be prepared to change his way of thinking.

Arguing with these type of people isnt going to get you anything except a headache.
    Any good friend would have told the other he was being a wanker!

PLUG71 wrote: »
    Any good friend would have told the other he was being a wanker!

He would have achieved nothing by doing so.

He would have achieved nothing by doing so.
    Why?

He is not much of a mate if the o/p is afraid to talk straight to him.

In the o/p's shoes I would of kicked off big time for being a wanker and putting me in such a ****e situation.

Grow a set ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I don't get the point of the thread, its your mate, talk to them and keep it off boards, oh I once saw god in a poop too.

PLUG71 wrote: »
    Why?

He is not much of a mate if the o/p is afraid to talk straight to him.

In the o/p's shoes I would of kicked off big time for being a wanker and putting me in such a ****e situation.

Grow a set ffs.

And where would that have got you? Would the racist friend listen to you and suddenly realise the error of his ways? And then shook hands with the taxi driver and apologised to him?

It would have done nothing but aggravate the situation and made it even worse for the taxi driver.

And where would that have got you? Would the racist friend listen to you and suddenly realise the error of his ways? And then shook hands with the taxi driver and apologised to him?

It would have done nothing but aggravate the situation and made it even worse for the taxi driver.

So this guy gets away with being a racist and a bad friend because the people there were too weak to stand up to him?!:confused:

Its no wonder society is as it is because people are to weak/scared to stand up to idiots like this!

Its the same with bullys which in fact this guy also seems to be!

• Advertisement
Advertisement