Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Drinking Water

Options
  • 22-06-2014 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed when you fill your glass of tap water that there is a serious smell of chemicals ? - in the drinking water in swords Co Dublin.

I have noticed the strong smell for the last few weeks and it's very strong smelling. It smells like detergent it's that bad. Just wondering.

I would also like to know the formalities in regards to having the water-board check my water ? and what I would need to do to have them test it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Call the water section in Fingal Co Co & explain the issue. They will advise you what to do.

I've had to do this in the past & they were more than helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Call the water section in Fingal Co Co & explain the issue. They will advise you what to do.

Actually, you need to call Irish Water now, not Fingal Co Co.

Call 1890 278 278
    Int: 00 353 1 707 2828

You could try Fingal Co Co water services (01 8906210), but I believe they will just direct you to Irish water now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Oops! My bad. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Thanks for the information folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

it's full of chlorine and Fluoride so of course it's full of chemicals, I wouldn't drink that toxic muck.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

When I moved to Swords a long time ago, I noticed the water tasted different to what I was used to so I've used a Brita filter jug ever since and the water tastes normal out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

cowzerp wrote: »
    it's full of chlorine and Fluoride so of course it's full of chemicals, I wouldn't drink that toxic muck.
    It's water, it is a chemical ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Irish Halo wrote: »
    It's water, it is a chemical ...

yes, a chemical fit for human consumption
    not a toxic neurotoxin like fluoride

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

It's definitely changed in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Apparently the kids attending the Educate Together and Gaelscoil down in Applewood are not permitted to drink the tap water? :eek:

Can anybody confirm this and know what the issues are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My mains tap water was V strange a few weeks ago.
    When you filled a glass, it was really, really cloudy, but then cleared after a few mins. must have been bubbles!! (I hope)

Even happened on a low flow setting!! Seems OK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

My mains tap water was V strange a few weeks ago.
    When you filled a glass, it was really, really cloudy, but then cleared after a few mins. must have been bubbles!! (I hope)

Even happened on a low flow setting!! Seems OK now.

Yeah that's dissolved air in the water and normally a result of works to the mains somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Cheers, lasted for about a week though and freaked the kids out. LOL

Advertisement