Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vietnam- From Saigon to Hanoi

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Bikerguy wrote: »
    bro can you provide us some pics? I am checking your topic in silence hoping for some amazing shots..
    Can ya? ;)
    I have some good ones alright! Cant upload them from my phone and no access to a computer though!

Bike sold today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I have some good ones alright! Cant upload them from my phone and no access to a computer though!

Bike sold today.
    Out of interest, how much did you buy and sell for. I bought my win for €325 and sold for €315.

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Out of interest, how much did you buy and sell for. I bought my win for €325 and sold for €315.
    Bought for $200 sold for $200.

Spent a bit on repairs along the way though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Do you reckon you could fly into ho chi min , buy a bike for 200 quid and then drive up to Hanoi and then fly back to Ireland, in 2 weeks, in October? What about insurance etc?

Do you reckon you could fly into ho chi min , buy a bike for 200 quid and then drive up to Hanoi and then fly back to Ireland, in 2 weeks, in October? What about insurance etc?
    You could but 2 weeks is really pushing it. Not sure you'd be able to enjoy it really. We had about 8 days of riding spread over two and a half weeks. There's a few places you'll really want an extra few days to see. We loved the off road biking and cave exploring in Phong nha for example. If you could swing an extra week you'd be good to go.

No insurance. Your license is not valid here so its illegal and at your own risk.

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay in getting pictures up. Decided to spend a couple of weeks in Laos before making the awful decision to come home!

Here she is in Ho Chi Minh, I honestly never expected this bike to make it!
    318103.jpg
    Picked up a few people on the way and we headed for the sea!
    318106.jpg
    Left Mui Ne the following day bound for DaLat. The road up had everything. From the lakes at the bottom:
    318107.jpg
    To some incredible views near the top:
    318108.jpg
    318109.jpg

More to follow!!

Dalat is cold. I had to buy a jumper. Closest I got to PPE on my trip.
    318111.jpg
    The roads got 'interesting' for a bit. I was following a local around the potholes til he went into one and literally disappeared out of sight. We managed to fish him and his bike out!
    318112.jpg
    The roads improved! The mountain pass from Pleiku to Hoi An is probably the best road I've ever ridden.
    318113.jpg

After about a week in Hoi An we were ready for 'The Top Gear road'. Some beautiful stretches but a slight let down after the road from the last day!
    318114.jpg
    318115.jpg

I only stopped for a piss...
    318121.jpg

We discovered there are many ways to cross a river in Vietnam!318122.jpg
    318123.jpg
    318124.jpg

Our last day biking. We decided to get up really early, catch sunrise and get in to Hanoi before it got crazy hot in the afternoon. The result was empty roads and some of the best photographs we got in our entire trips.
    318125.jpg

Advertisement