Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Lost Property?

Options
  • 22-06-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I left my phone in a taxi last night, I hailed the taxi on the street and didn't pay any attention to the taxi company name.

Is there any central lost property drop off for property lost in taxis in Cork?

The phone itself is not a smartphone so I can't use any apps to find it.

Having had nicer phones stolen in the past I've been happily using a basic handset. It is pay as you go.
    I doubt anyone would bother stealing it if they found it in the cab

Is the garda station the most likely place it would get dropped off if either the taxi driver or a kind passenger bothered to do anything with it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Laneyh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I left my phone in a taxi last night, I hailed the taxi on the street and didn't pay any attention to the taxi company name.

Is there any central lost property drop off for property lost in taxis in Cork?

The phone itself is not a smartphone so I can't use any apps to find it.

Having had nicer phones stolen in the past I've been happily using a basic handset. It is pay as you go.
    I doubt anyone would bother stealing it if they found it in the cab

Is the garda station the most likely place it would get dropped off if either the taxi driver or a kind passenger bothered to do anything with it?

Thanks
    Did you ring the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Try ringing Anglesea st or the bridewell.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did you ring the phone?

Hi I did and also sent a text to it with contact details. I'll try the garda station this evening. The handset is of no value at all but it would be handy to have my contacts and be contactable.

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Laneyh wrote: »
    The handset is of no value at all but it would be handy to have my contacts and be contactable.

Thanks for the replies
    I only you had a smartphone....

:p

Advertisement