Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throw pet thieves in Jail for 5 years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

If my dogs got stolen it would absolutely destroy me, I could not cope with never knowing what their fate was, are they alive, dead or suffering. A crime which causes such catastrophic emotional trauma to some people should be punished accordingly. Unfortunately dogs are simply viewed as property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

maggiepip wrote: »
    If my dogs got stolen it would absolutely destroy me, I could not cope with never knowing what their fate was, are they alive, dead or suffering. A crime which causes such catastrophic emotional trauma to some people should be punished accordingly. Unfortunately dogs are simply viewed as property.

+1. Wondering if they were suffering or still alive would be my main concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

It wasnt until the late '80s that the idea women were property was removed from law. I dont ever see it happening for animals, particularly when the law on their own owners is so lax.
    I wouldnt hold my breath, op:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

My two little girls are beautiful and constantly attract attention when they are out in the van with me. People are frequently asking if I breed from them but I always reply that they have both been spayed.

I do this as it is a nightmare of mine to find them taken one day by someone who has seen them out and about with me. Anyone who commits this sort of crime should be..... well I can't say on here what.......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

It wasnt until the late '80s that the idea women were property was removed from law.

OK I love animals but this is ridiculous to suggest that this is the same thing at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement