Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Mini Digitiser Damage

• 22-06-2014 10:18am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My mother's ipad got wet and now the screen is unresponsive with a lot of lines on it, in researching it on line it looks like the digitiser is broken, just wondering if this makes sense and if so what would be involved in fixing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The iPads are a little more expensive and troublesome to get repaired tbh. If it was me I'd go to Apple and see what the cost of a repair would be. It sounds like the screen has been damaged by water, however other parts of the iPad could of been damaged also such as the sound, wifi etc. Best to try an official Apple repair centre to see what the cost of a repair could be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I ordered a screen from fixiy for €50, I'll try to swop that out and see if that sorts it, if it doesn't I think I'll write it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Clareman wrote: »
    I ordered a screen from fixiy for €50, I'll try to swop that out and see if that sorts it, if it doesn't I think I'll write it off.

iFixit should have plenty of help for you anyway. Good luck with the repair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks, I'm glad now my wife spent all that money on the really expensive hair dryer, you can set the temperature on it very accurately, just don't tell her I'm using it to fix my parents ipad ;)

Advertisement