Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leak from upstairs toilet

• 22-06-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I had a leak in my upstairs en suite toilet that was ongoing for 24 hours as there was nobody at home.

Water dripped down through the ceiling and out of the lights downstairs and the kitchen was like a small swimming pool!

It has been drying out over the last week just by leaving the doors open and the good weather.

Would it be safe to turn back on the electricity for the lights now?

Also the kitchen ceiling, although dry looks very bad, it had little pockets of water in the paintwork.
    Would you just paint it over or is there anything else that needs to be done?
    I have a little 20 month old and I am afraid that the roof if not sorted may cause dampness and mold around the kitchen area.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fisher8181

could a mod please move this to the DIY forum.
    don't want to double post.
    thanks

Advertisement