Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight costs on 1 year visa

Options
  • 22-06-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Are the flights cheaper for January departures compared to summer or do the likes of usit have a minimum charge of around €800 even if the actual cost is €600?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

McSween wrote: »
    Are the flights cheaper for January departures compared to summer or do the likes of usit have a minimum charge of around €800 even if the actual cost is €600?

Have you booked and paid for your one year visa with usit already?

I found when I did my 1 year working holiday visa with them for Canada they jacked up the price on me. The same flights were cheaper elsewhere same went for their insurance. Left a bad taste in my mouth after it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

jjbrien wrote: »
    Have you booked and paid for your one year visa with usit already?

I found when I did my 1 year working holiday visa with them for Canada they jacked up the price on me. The same flights were cheaper elsewhere same went for their insurance. Left a bad taste in my mouth after it all.

No but we have the option of going at a later time or earlier. I certainly dont trust them. Is it only United and Delta they deal with still?

No but we have the option of going at a later time or earlier. I certainly dont trust them. Is it only United and Delta they deal with still?

Since you didnt get the visa from them id recommend using goforless their flights and insurance are far cheaper. http://www.go4less.ie/Working-Visas/USA-12-Month-Holiday-Work-Visa/usa-visas-application.asp

Where you heading off to?

Thanks for that. I did costings a few weeks ago and one was around 200 cheaper than another but can't remember which.

Most likely go to Florida as I did a J1 there last summer and a neighbour of mine (whom I stayed with) is an excellent contact as is his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Airfares are substantially cheaper in January.

Was that the question?

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Airfares are substantially cheaper in January.

Was that the question?

It was but do usit pass on these discounts to the customer?

It was but do usit pass on these discounts to the customer?

Sometimes they do. They usually sell a higher cost flexible ticket that you can change for a fee.

Advertisement