Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 water then probable heat damage

• 22-06-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

So my iphone 4 accidentally fell in water. Stayed in for a minute before I took it out and stayed on after that for few minutes before went off completely.. I tried rice bag for some hours didn't come to life.. Then used hair dryer alternatively through charging slot and sim slot.. Left for few hours and put the charger on...
    Now it came to life, works absolutely well for couple of minutes and then says it needs to cool down and I can only make emergency calls till i restart again and the cycle goes on again..
    I kept it off for long. Still same thing..
    Tried hard reset dfu reinstall.. Strange that it stays on during reinstall via itunes and the error starts only after reactivation..
    I am thinking that it is probably a hardware issue at this stage now,.
    Any proposals?
    Would jail breaking help it?
    Any recommended repair shop in/near dublin 9?
    It is not under warranty..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'd say something went wrong when drying it with the hair dryer. I've personally never heard of that as a recommendation for fixing the phone. One of the sensors inside the phone could be fried also. It's probably best to bring it to a repair shop and see what they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 craigfoster

Jail breaking it wont fix your problem as it sounds like u have a problem with ur hardware so its either serious water damage which means u should forget the phone and get a new one or it could be from over heating it which i don't know if it can be fixed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Guy on adverts named Fiachra sorted it for 25 €. Works Near whitehall.he Said he had to clean all the contacts after opening chip board. And that there was corrosion. Eroor seems to be fixed now.. I dropped mobile through his home letter box on my way to work and picked it from him in person on my way back!

Advertisement