Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC door sensor wiring

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some info on the following door sensor which is part of a HKC system. As far as I can tell (it's in an awkward location so hard to see), contacts 1,2 are for the reed, contacts 3,4 are for the tamper, and 5,6 are looped.

311727.jpg

I'm not sure if the sensor includes a shock sensor as well? If yes, which contacts would likely be for shock?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

5 & 6 being looped is wiring in series the contact and the shock sensor. Wire the zone into 1 & 2 from the top and the tamer into 3 & 4 .Leave the bottom 2 looped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

How could I separate/isolate the shock from the reed part of the sensor? i.e. I only want the alarm to activate if the door is opened, not if it receives a bang/shock.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take the loop on out of 5&6 and wire the zone into 1&6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Apogee wrote: »
    I'm looking for some info on the following door sensor which is part of a HKC system. As far as I can tell (it's in an awkward location so hard to see), contacts 1,2 are for the reed, contacts 3,4 are for the tamper, and 5,6 are looped.

311727.jpg

I'm not sure if the sensor includes a shock sensor as well? If yes, which contacts would likely be for shock?

TIA

You can easily remove the small pcb from the sensor by pushing back the tabs holding it in. Just be careful of the reed switch.

Thanks to you both for your replies!

• Advertisement

Thanks to you both for your replies!

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Where would you guys recommend purchasing replacement sensors similar to above for doors, and the equivalent sensors for windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Where would you guys recommend purchasing replacement sensors similar to above for doors, and the equivalent sensors for windows?

Because they detect vibrations been applied to the respective window or door that they are fitted to.

OP my apologies I missed the word 'purchasing'.

Have a look here on the suppliers list.

Advertisement