Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin History Documentary

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across a documentary about the social and architectural history of Dublin, Vikings to the present day?

I've only ever seen a 30 minute mini-documentary aimed at kids. Focused on the Vikings and Anglo-Saxons. Given the age of the city and the number of books written about it, you would think RTE would have produced something.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not sure if this will exactly meet your criteria but if you search on YouTube for Eamonn MacThomais, he made some documentaries in the 1970s about various parts of Dublin.

The "social and architectural history of Dublin" is a fairly wide-reaching remit, so you will probably need to focus on one thing/era at a time. I'd love to know if you do find anything else, I love learning new things about Dublin :)

Advertisement