Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Grant

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello all,

I wanted to ask a question in relation to student grants. I'm 25 and have been accepted onto a course in DIT as a mature student for this year. I'm currently renting in dublin as I work here but my family home is down the country.
    I had applied for my grant when applications opened so give or take 4-5 weeks ago with my Dublin address. I have since then however, decided to move home ( down the country) and commute as it's only an hour train ride.
    I'm concerned that if I do ask to change my address they will have to take my parents income into consideration even though they are not supporting me. I know if they do so I won't be eligible for a cent.

So if I moved home would I still be considered a mature independent or a dependant?
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Afaik income assessment is done based on where you were living on 1st October 2013. So if you were an independent candidate on that date you may be ok. However it may cause problems next year.

Advertisement