Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite OST from a game?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

One of my favorite soundtracks of all time

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Red Dead Dedemption..

Entering Mexico:

Deadman's Gun:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I liked the Deus Ex Soundtrack.

I also really enjoyed the authentic vibe from the music in Age Of Mythology.

HEALTHS soundtrack for Max Payne 3 was great, there was next to no vocals in it and then at the end of the game this song appeared to terrific effect. A great moment in the game.

I also think it's dead cool that Nile Rodgers, aside from being an exceptional pop/disco/funk songwriter also produced soundtracks for several games, and good games too (Rise of Nations, Halo 2 & 3, Perfect Dark Zero)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Street fighter,especially super street fighter when Q sound was introduced have the OST of a few of these.

Castlevania
    Contra 3 Alien Wars
    Medievil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

If these were released by mainstream artists, they'd be chart toppers for months, and be classics.

I could get never of this soundtrack, play this in clubs!
    Truly unforgettable songs the whole way through.
    Lodged in my head for years.

A big shout to Tangerine Dream and the other original music inGTA V, I only wish there was an in-game radio station/ to listen to all the original/dymanic score for the perfect situations. Totally encapsulates modern California/west coast (happiness and existential vibe/depression). It's like something out of Terminator from the 80's/90's and Collateral from the 00's.

Hopefully in the PS4 version!

I want to listen to this when I'm walking the streets (MP3 Feature on phone)please:

GTA reminded me of Vice City with all the best parts of San Andreas mixed in, which was a a wonderful mixture, 60/40

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

really enjoyed the music on borderlands 2

another one off the top of my head

machinarium

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

RopeDrink wrote: »

Alien Trilogy on the PSX also had a lovely soundtrack - Ranging from just moody sci-mbience, upbeat creepy - And that boss-theme!

I remember playing the level this was the track for; one of the aliens chased me down a hall and I was terrified, then it glitched into a wall and did an awkward walking animation stuck in one spot. Ruined the immersion it did. :o

Probably been linked before but this is pure atmosphere.

Very X-Filesy, for want of a better description.

And from one of the best multi-player experiences I've ever had;

and

I love tracks that create an immersive atmosphere;

Anything from this, the best game evar!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Over a hundred posts and only one mention of the Metroid series. For shame.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime have fantastic music.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

For me Gothic 3 will always be my favorite game and soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Might as well throw my favourite Battlefield themes in to the mix along with the awesome intro's of course.

Remember when battlefield games had awesome intro's? I honestly used to watch these nearly every time I opened the game.

Pull the finger out DICE. Give us a proper sequel to this and 2142 and start making intros again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Dues ex
    Far cry blood dragon
    Fallout3

All I can think of right now ,over the sound of the toilet flushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Daith

Secet of Mana
    Icewind Dale
    Deus Ex
    Deus Ex: HR
    Final Fantasy 6
    Metroid Prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A long forgotten gem;

Turrican 2

With my favourite specific track from it - "The Great Bath"

Whom this fella did an amazing job of remixing:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Played through this recently, great soundtrack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hohokum is quite likely my favourite game of the year so far, but its soundtrack is most definitely my favourite of the year. A perfectly judged chillwave selection - brilliantly cohesive and dynamic in game, but also extremely listenable to without the assistance of those stunning dreamscapes. It's a major part of the game's identity, and the soundtrack makes exploring those weird and wonderful mini-worlds even more of a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

The soundtrack from the original Tomb Raider always hits me with a good dose of nostalgia :)

And the music from Ico is great too. My favourite track being You Were There.

• Advertisement

I played 40 mins of this game 6 years ago and this song remained in my head (gog i need to rectify it), one of the most recognisable bits of game music I have ever head. Instant classic from the 1st listen.

The most "adventure" sounding ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm actually loving that song from the end of Portal. surprisingly catchy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been listening to the Ace Combat 5 soundtrack this morning, and there are some brilliant tracks in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Baldur's Gate is great. HoMM III is awesome. American McGee's Alice is hauntingly beautiful. But the best in Mass Effect 2 by Jack Wall. Thank you, goodnight :)

Advertisement