Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Pigeon

Options
  • 22-06-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

We have a racing Pigeon in our back garden.
    Looks in good condition but seems exhausted or dazed.
    Have searched for local Kilkenny numbers to call unsuccessfully.

Would like to get someone to collect it as the local cats may get to him first.
    Don't want to pick in case it gets scared and just don;t fancy the idea my self.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

He's just flown off after having a little rest. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

kleefarr wrote: »
    He's just flown off after having a little rest. Phew.

If he comes back there's a pigeon club working out of the local parish hall in the Butts. (just up from the funeral home) or at least anyone there would be able to give you a contact.

I've often seen vans for carrying them parked outside and guys hanging around with boxes etc so I'm assuming their club works from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michellewales

I live in Chippenham, Wiltshire. This pigeon has been in our garden now for 3 days, has been fed and had water but has been back here in my garden all day. I have text the the owner through a text from IHU yesterday but he's not replyied. It has an orange ring on one leg with numbers IHU14 and a green ring on the other with numbers S143207 I don't know what to do with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

I live in Chippenham, Wiltshire. This pigeon has been in our garden now for 3 days, has been fed and had water but has been back here in my garden all day. I have text the the owner through a text from IHU yesterday but he's not replyied. It has an orange ring on one leg with numbers IHU14 and a green ring on the other with numbers S143207 I don't know what to do with him!

um ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Has this pigeon got anything to do with Kilkenny?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Is the Registration number Kilkenny related may be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think they probably just put racing pigeon in their search engine of choice, and with boards being such a powerful force on the internet, they were lead here. Sharing their racing pigeon story. And that's the end of that chapter.

Advertisement