Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest Music/sounds/moments in Videogames

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Ecco the Dolphin. Not exactly scary although it had one or two jumpy moments, but creepy and unsettling atmosphere throughout. Weird music and the sound Ecco made when hurt was horrible.
    Ugh, I hated that sound. In fact, I only played Ecco: The Tides of Time again about two months ago and the Vortex thing is positively Lovecraftian.

iiwsjJW.png

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I don't know if it counts, since it was already a sound so associated with dread, but the motion sensor in AvP2 lent so much to the sheer terror you felt as a marine during that campaign. I was crapping myself for a lot of AvP2, and many times it was due to me entering a room, the motion sensor going off, me scanning wildly around ... only to realise (time and again) that it was the door closing behind me or something equally inane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    19 posts and no mention of System Shock 2? For shame people.

Between Shodan, Xerxes, Hybrids and the general sounds/music in the game, it definitely stands out imo.

*jumps on the nope train to screw-thatsville* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Some moments for me

Resident Evil
    - Most of the music was quite unnerving, orchestral music can be quite foreboding
    - First time ever seeing a zombie in 1996 was a real shock moment.
    - The dogs breaking through the glass in the corridor

Silent Hill 1&2
    - The radio static scares the **** out of me when it's all quiet and while in the fog you can slowly hear the static getting louder.
    - The whole burnt reality thing was unnerving as well
    - Again the music in Silent Hill was very foreboding

Forbidden Siren
    - The Shibito (Japanese Zombie). Blood coming from their ears, eyes etc
    - Nothing scarier than the unique concept of running from a Shibito and hiding somewhere only to jack into their mind and see them getting closer to where you are hiding.

Condemned
    - Generally just seeing a shadow move with no idea where it is and then someone jumping around the corner to hit you with some implemented weapon was fucking scary

System Shock 2
    - Unfortunately never completed it but the encounters with the first Hybrids.... " We are! WE ARE! "

Advertisement