Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Discharge License

Options
  • 22-06-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Is a Water Discharge License attached to a house? Or an individual.

The developer needed a waste Water Discharge License as part of planning conditions on the building of the house.

Do we as new owners need to reapply for a Water Discharge License, or does the original developers license still apply???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hi OP,

Excellent question!!!!

The applicant (i.e. the person who is named on the effluent discharge license) is the one legally responsible for ensuring the conditions are complied with on an ongoing basis. When it's a management company or a firm they have to nominate a contact person and inform the council if that contact person changes. Where it's an individual that individual has signed a declaration saying they will ensure the conditions of the license are met.

I'm not sure what the process is if the applicant was an individual and the treatment system is changing hands. There is no doubt you need to inform the council but whether you need to make a new application or just request that the license is moved to your name I don't know.

Have you see the license OP? Is it in the name of an individual? It is also very important that you get it and read it in detail because it could have very onerous conditions and annual monitoring charges.

Unless someone else here knows the minutia of the system I think you need to contact the sanitary services section of the local authority and ask them about the process for obtaining an effluent discharge license in your name for the facility.

Advertisement