Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback and opinions on potential tattoo

Options
  • 22-06-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So I was thinking of getting a tattoo and because this will be my first tattoo I would really appreciate other peoples’ opinions/ ideas.

I was thinking of getting the lyrics ‘If you’re lost and alone, or you’re sinking like a stone, carry on. May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on’ on my ribcage in a typewriter type font (not sure what the proper name for that is :p) . Does this seem like a lot of writing to cram onto the side of my ribcage, or should I maybe just use half the quote for a less cluttered look?

I would just like to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not a big fan of script tattoos in most cases as they have been done to death imo.

But that's just my own opinion if you want it get it after all its what you want that matters most :), as for space you should have plenty of space on your ribcage to get it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It all depends on what font size you're looking at, your best bet is to take a print off of what you're planning into an artist to find out what they'd think otherwise you're kinda asking how long a piece of string is.

The ribs can be a fairly sensitive area to get done so also bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm a fan of script when it's done delicately! I've a little bit of it myself, both English and Japanese. One of them is on my ribs, which didn't really hurt me at all, but I'm the exception to the rule.

Your best bet is to do as P_1 has said and pop in for a chat with an artist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

At the end of the day the only opinion that really matter is your own! You will be wearing it for the rest of your life ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IRISHAARON

I think people are mad getting tattoos that have no meaning at all because you always end up sick of them and they go out of fashion. please think wisely.... :D peaceeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To each their own.

There are plenty of people (myself included) that have tattoos that don't have any particular meaning (other than we like it) that have had the tattoos years and still love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ommc

fitzy211 wrote: »
    So I was thinking of getting a tattoo and because this will be my first tattoo I would really appreciate other peoples’ opinions/ ideas.

I was thinking of getting the lyrics ‘If you’re lost and alone, or you’re sinking like a stone, carry on. May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on’ on my ribcage in a typewriter type font (not sure what the proper name for that is :p) . Does this seem like a lot of writing to cram onto the side of my ribcage, or should I maybe just use half the quote for a less cluttered look?

I would just like to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts on this?

Personally I think it's too much. But I'm not a fan of text tattoos.

But I did c someone with a large piece of text that there favourite bit of the quote was highlighted with watercolour effect. And it made the tattoo.

As for the pain on the ribcage, I hear it's one of the hardest but after healing it is the nicest location for a tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fitzy211

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far :) I know that ribs won't be the most fun place to get tattooed but thats the only place that I want a tattoo right now, so i'll just have to put up with it :p still havent decided if im going to go witth the full quote or a part of it.

Ommc that idea of highlighting part of the text is really interesting and one that I hadnt considered :)

IRISHAARON wrote: »
    I think people are mad getting tattoos that have no meaning at all because you always end up sick of them and they go out of fashion. please think wisely.... :D peaceeeee

This tattoo is one that i have thought out :), it is meaningful for me because the song those lyrics are from reminds me of an important time in my life, also i think the lyrics have a good message about learning from your past and trying to move on when things get tough, which i like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Since I just posted it, here's something like what Ommc is talking about. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91044180&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fitzy211

Orim wrote: »
    Since I just posted it, here's something like what Ommc is talking about. ]

That looks absolutely amazing! didnt really think about adding colour until i saw that :), would definitely consider it now tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

fitzy211 wrote: »
    That looks absolutely amazing! didnt really think about adding colour until i saw that :), would definitely consider it now tho..
    If you like that Rachel at Wildcat would be a good choice she really has a talent for that watercolour look.

Advertisement