Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pitfalls to buying Sony xperia 2 from Germany?

Options
  • 22-06-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Am looking at getting a new phone and would love a xperia 2. On amazon.co.uk it is £517 = €660 over here. On amazon.de it is only €550 brand new from a reputable shop. Will I be able to use it here in Ireland ok? I'm sure I can change the settings to English but not sure. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon.de is great for sim free phones. Bought an xperia P from there before, no issues. Within EU, no tax. Same warranty. Its all win.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I got caught out lately with an Xperia ZL which couldnt be repaired under warranty in Ireland as its not sold here. A problem you wont have with a Z2. Also, ended up returning phone to Amazon Germany using free postage label. Definitely a win there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I second Ed E's post above. Have nothing but praise for the .de, .fr & .es versions of Amazon. Have purchased from all of them and glitch-free transactions all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

just to update, i bought the phone after seeing these messages and delighted with my purchase. arrived in less than a week and the only way you would know it was european was the 2 pronged plug. i turned it on and it asked me what language i wanted etc. i'd well recommend amazon.de to others.

Advertisement