Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer acting up

Options
  • 22-06-2014 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

every time i use my internet and lets say im finishing up a comment. when i click send the movie (i split screen) the movie suffers for a few seconds and seems to stutter.

any ideas why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

crystal_ball.jpg

More detail would be useful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

degsie wrote: »
    crystal_ball.jpg

More detail would be useful...

I really don't have more. I have one screen and i split it in to two. i watch movies and surf. when I am on the internet the video skipps when the page is refreshing. didnt happen untill last week.

windows 7 home prem 64 bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Try using Ccleaner to remove all the built up crap on your hard drive. Also, have a look at add-ons installed on your browser. Some of them are installed when you install new software and are crap. The Avast one for Firefox caused stuttering in Flash vids and slowed down my browser accessing it's crappy servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Try using Ccleaner to remove all the built up crap on your hard drive. Also, have a look at add-ons installed on your browser. Some of them are installed when you install new software and are crap. The Avast one for Firefox caused stuttering in Flash vids and slowed down my browser accessing it's crappy servers.

I actually got rid of AVG there this week and put on avast. Im using Google chrome, could that be it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Just go into the settings and disable it. You should notice a difference if it is your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I've started using Avast and I've noticed when a web page is being loaded and the web page has various flash objects being downloaded there is a slight pause while Avast is scanning ahead on links to be displayed in the web page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The problem with chrome is that flash is in built not stand alone as with other browsers. Using anything flash while trying to do other stuff causes the video to stutter. follow these instructions to disable the inbuilt flash and download stand alone flash, should sort your problem.
    http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/google-chrome-flash.html

Scroll down to Real Fix.

Advertisement