Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy wooden play house?

Options
  • 22-06-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭

Hi
    We're looking at buying a wooden playhouse for our daughter in the next few days.
    Keep getting drawn back to this site... http://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/playhouses-and-outdoor-toys/playhouses

Has anyone bought from here before? We've just read a few reviews a few minutes ago some of which were none too complimentary. Others were fine. The reviews fell into two categories - Excellent, brilliant etc. or absolutely terrible. No real in between.....

Where in Ireland can we buy a wooden playhouse?? Budget is about €600. We just have concerns about buying from the UK after reading some poor reviews from that site. Would prefer to buy local (Ireland at least)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

We got ours from B&Q, it's so pretty :) I painted it pink and purple, kids love it.

We got ours from B&Q, it's so pretty :) I painted it pink and purple, kids love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I bought a wooden playhouse from Waltons. It was great quality - still is 7 years later.

It was a lot of work to put it together. If you are going to buy flatpack, it will take 2 people an entire weekend to do it.

My advice : buy an automatic screwdriver, and take a valium ( especially if its your spouse, you are doing it with).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

Cheers. I'll have a look at B&Q now also.

The houses from Waltons do look very good. Glad to hear of your good review but as per OP there have been an awful lot of terrible ones. What to do...???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Google waters garden sheds look in playhouse section

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

huskerdu wrote: »
    I bought a wooden playhouse from Waltons. It was great quality - still is 7 years later.

It was a lot of work to put it together. If you are going to buy flatpack, it will take 2 people an entire weekend to do it.

My advice : buy an automatic screwdriver, and take a valium ( especially if its your spouse, you are doing it with).

If it's so much work to put together wouldn't it make sense to just build one yourself? They are unbelievably expensive when the raw materials aren't, if much of the labour is done by yourself, what are you paying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

iguana wrote: »
    If it's so much work to put together wouldn't it make sense to just build one yourself? They are unbelievably expensive when the raw materials aren't, if much of the labour is done by yourself, what are you paying for?

All the pieces are cut exactly the right size and shape and some pieces are already semi-assembled. A lot of the holes are pre-drilled.

I accept that if you have the tools, the time and the carpentry experience to make it from scratch, then it would be cheaper to do that.

However, it would be lots more work.

I have neither the tools or the carpentry skills, so was happy to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Lots of unemployment carpenters about I'm sure, just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

• Advertisement
Advertisement