Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking For Advice on What To Do Next Regarding Issue With Son's Gun?

• 22-06-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Son loves his handgun, says he loves using it more than his rifles. It's been grand, but a part failed a while back and while the gun still seems to operate and perform as normal with the part absent, I imagine that it's just risky to continue to use the gun.

I'm certain I could replace the part myself if I could get it, but the shop we bought it from doesn't carry spares of the part, and says they can't get the part for me because the manufacturer/distributor is in some sort of internal turmoil. I've contacted the manufacturer/distributor directly, and while they initially seemed interested in helping me, they haven't responded to my numerous emails for over three months. And unfortunately, the summer camps are all looming, where my son will sorely miss his handgun.

Very frustrated and disappointed at this point.

I've proposed to the shop a solution that I think would befit a "bend-over-backwards to sort the customer out" approach, which is what I think is appropriate in my case - I'm not arguing over the fact that the gun is out of its warranty period, I'm not arguing that the part shouldn't have failed under normal use, I'm not looking for a freebie of the part, and I'm not looking for anyone to do the work on it for free. I'm willing to buy the part, and fit it myself.

I'm awaiting a return call from the shop, and am hopeful they'll do the right thing.

If not, what do I do next?

Write the experience (and money) off as a loss, and post the names of the shop and manufacturer to possibly alert other potential customers of how **** might go do down for them if they buy from that shop, or buy that brand?

See if small claims process might net me some resolution?

Thanks for any input,

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

What gun is it and what part is broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

WE F226 (Sig P226), slide release pin.

The gun and the failed part are almost secondary to the issue now, which is - will the shop help me out, given that the manufacturer/distributor look certain not to.

If the shop won't help me, then I guess it might be worth me throwing the details of the gun & the failed part on here somewhere, in the hope that someone might have the part, maybe in a dead one of the same gun with my part still intact.

Thanks for your interest & time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Try hobby airsoft they might have a few bits lying around from the graveyard sale.
    Going by a diagram of the p226 parts this is what u are looking for.http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-steel-slide-decocking-lever-for-marui-kjw-p226-p229-1.html#.U6duCfldW9o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

If its the part that brenak47 mentioned, you can use the gun absolutly fine as normal, ive had a p226 with it removed and no issues what so ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Mark#1 wrote: »
    WE F226 (Sig P226), slide release pin.

Regardless if it's the slide release or the decocker (The part Bren linked) the pistol should perform as normal..
    If the slide release is missing it may mean the slide won't lock back after the last BB is fired meaning you don't really know when it's empty or not.
    The part Bren linked is the decocking lever which tbh in airsoft terms, although functioning, does very little. It's basically Sig's form of a safety as they didn't design the 226 to have a traditional safety.

You should be easily able to get that piece though regardless. Ask on the adverts section.

• Advertisement

Great to know he'll be able to use the gun even without the part - thanks for that info guys. I imagine a piece of duct tape or similar (black of course) over the hole would be a wise move?

The shop we got the gun from is proving to be very helpful, sourcing a seller for the part, and advising on issues regarding the manufacturer/distributor.

I'll update on sourcing the part once I've done so.

Thanks again guys,

Mark

Got the part from Fire-Support (€40 all-in :eek: , but the kid loves the gun, so it's worth it), fitted it yesterday, gun's good as new, son's delighted, all set for his camp this week in Fingal.

Big thanks to John in SG for helping me out. Curses on WE who were ZERO help to me.

:-)

Mark

Advertisement