Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college

Options
  • 22-06-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi i am currently a loan parent i work part time and i want to go back to college in september part time in the evenings the college fees are over a thousand euro im just looking for information to see if the social welfare help in any way with the fees , thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

leighan wrote: »
    Hi i am currently a loan parent i work part time and i want to go back to college in september part time in the evenings the college fees are over a thousand euro im just looking for information to see if the social welfare help in any way with the fees , thanks

Hi there,

I'm not sure about social welfare helping but have a look at springboardcourses.ie. There's an extensive list of online and distance courses paid upfront to help get people back to work. I think that the main criteria is that you must be unemployed on the date that the course begins but you can look for work any date from them on.

Again, I'm not 100% but have a look.

Best of luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leighan

The Peanut wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm not sure about social welfare helping but have a look at springboardcourses.ie. There's an extensive list of online and distance courses paid upfront to help get people back to work. I think that the main criteria is that you must be unemployed on the date that the course begins but you can look for work any date from them on.

Again, I'm not 100% but have a look.

Best of luck with your decision.

thanks ill look into that

Advertisement