Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Exam Results

Options
  • 22-06-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Best of luck :D

Dont suppose theres any chance of getting them at midnight like the old system :D

Roll on all the QCA questions and old threads getting dug up from 1965 :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah you'd miss the excitement and fear when you're on Co-op. :(

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah you'd miss the excitement and fear when you're on Co-op. :(

:P

Final results.. wont be the same not getting any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

garv123 wrote: »
    Final results.. wont be the same not getting any more :(

Same Here, Last results lets hope for a bumper crop of A's :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Just want to pass German... never been so worried about my results.. 3rd year sucked! Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Ompala wrote: »
    Good luck everyone

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Results are out now

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I'm not getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Scratch that I'm in... 3.67 qca and I'm a 4th year.. Whoop whoop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Scratch that I'm in... 3.67 qca and I'm a 4th year.. Whoop whoop
    Try and try again is it?

Fair play, serious score.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Thundering_Sky

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question about my fyp grade :)
    I'm a 4th year and in semester 1 of this term I had on my results Final year project 1 which originally had the grade M next to it. I just got my results there and for Final Year project 2 I got a B2 and I looked back at Final Year Project 1 which now had the grade B1.

What I don't understand is how the grades are different when it is the same FYP? I don't see how semester 1 is a B1 for the project when my supervisor didn't even start correcting drafts until late January.

There might be a logical explanation for this but because it's 3:30 in the morning I might be missing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question about my fyp grade :)
    I'm a 4th year and in semester 1 of this term I had on my results Final year project 1 which originally had the grade M next to it. I just got my results there and for Final Year project 2 I got a B2 and I looked back at Final Year Project 1 which now had the grade B1.

What I don't understand is how the grades are different when it is the same FYP? I don't see how semester 1 is a B1 for the project when my supervisor didn't even start correcting drafts until late January.

There might be a logical explanation for this but because it's 3:30 in the morning I might be missing it :D

Hi.

The M was just used as a placeholder until the FYP was corrected.
    As you know the FYP is worth 2 (some cases 3 modules). The reason for your grade can only be got from your supervisior. From what I can read your fyp must have been high b2 low b1 work hence why he gave you two different grades.
    Its kinda odd you got the B1 in the first semester. They normally want to make it look you got better during the year.
    Never mind that doesn't affect the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

All I'm getting is my grades from first year till third year. No sign if any of my fourth year grades :( Any other fourth years having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I hate asking QCA questions cause they are so tedious but what is a 3.05? And what qca do you need for the 2.1, thanks.

Aragneer wrote: »
    I hate asking QCA questions cause they are so tedious but what is a 3.05? And what qca do you need for the 2.1, thanks.

afaik 3.05 is a 2.1. Anything over 3.00 is a 2.1, but from 2.90 to 3.00 is in the discretionary zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

sibby wrote: »
    afaik 3.05 is a 2.1. Anything over 3.00 is a 2.1, but from 2.90 to 3.00 is in the discretionary zone.

I think discretionary for a 2:1 is 2.95

I think I'm finishing on about 2.40 so really not sure what to do next

Their UP!!! 2.1 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What link are you using?

• Advertisement

Still only giving me up to third year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 in love

I was expecting to get higher than B3 in a specific module but I got C3 !!!!! :(

It's just something strange! I'm thinking to apply for recheck.. But first how can I review my answer, may be there is a mistake in registering the grade!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi lads just wondering what my situation is here. My QCA for the Semester is 1.36 and for the whole year is 1.72. I've no repeats from semester one and this semester I got 2 D2's a c2 a c3 and and f. I I repeat the F and get the c3 will i be ok?

Hi lads just wondering what my situation is here. My QCA for the Semester is 1.36 and for the whole year is 1.72. I've no repeats from semester one and this semester I got 2 D2's a c2 a c3 and and f. I I repeat the F and get the c3 will i be ok?

You can't repeat the c3 module.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Hey kids, QCA Question (of course)

I'm a 4th year with a 2.85 QCA. I've an igrade to clear so it's still possible for me to get into the Discretionary section for a 2.1 (or possibly even get straight into a 2.1?)

Question is: in my final exam, what's the minimum grade I need to get into discretionary section and is it possible for me to just get straight into 2.1 territory?

Many thanks and much love ^^

It tells you your residual QCA on the results.. thats what you get if you clear the F

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Jester252 wrote: »
    You can't repeat the c3 module.

That's not what was asked.

That's not what was asked.

Yes it is. He asked if he would pass if he repeated the c3 and f module. I informed him that it is not possible to repwat the c3 module.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Yes it is. He asked if he would pass if he repeated the c3 and f module. I informed him that it is not possible to repwat the c3 module.

They asked would it be ok if they repeated the F and got a C3 in it...

• Advertisement

As you don't have any c1 or higher grades to cancel out the d2s, means that you need to repeat both d2 modules and the f to pass the semester.

Advertisement