Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

garv123 wrote: »
    They asked would it be ok if they repeated the F and got a C3 in it...

oops monday morning strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Jester252 wrote: »
    Yes it is. He asked if he would pass if he repeated the c3 and f module. I informed him that it is not possible to repwat the c3 module.

No, he didn't. He asked about bringing the F grade up to a C3 in the repeat and if that would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

No, he didn't. He asked about bringing the F grade up to a C3 in the repeat and if that would suffice.

Ya that's what i was asking. I done a quick check there and I think I may have to repeat one of the D2 grades I got too....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Ya that's what i was asking. I done a quick check there and I think I may have to repeat one of the D2 grades I got too....

You most likely will. I would choose to do it regardless anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Isn't there a cap of two repeats per semester?

• Advertisement

Slugs wrote: »
    Isn't there a cap of two repeats per semester?

I think it's 3 for the year but I'm not certain of that

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I think it's 3 for the year but I'm not certain of that

its 4 for the year

You have to repeat both ds to get to the minimum pass qca.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

NVM! *^_^*

You have to repeat both ds to get to the minimum pass qca.

If if Repeated THE module I got the F in and one of the Modules I got a D2 in and got a c3 in both of them that would bring my QCA over 2 I think?

• Advertisement

Slugs wrote: »
    Hey kids, QCA Question (of course)

I'm a 4th year with a 2.85 QCA. I've an igrade to clear so it's still possible for me to get into the Discretionary section for a 2.1 (or possibly even get straight into a 2.1?)

Question is: in my final exam, what's the minimum grade I need to get into discretionary section and is it possible for me to just get straight into 2.1 territory?

Many thanks and much love ^^

You have 114 total credits

114*2.85= 324.9 qcs.

To get a final of 2.9 qca.

2.9*120 = 348.

Therefore
    (348-324.9)/6 = 3.85

You'll need an A1 to get 2.9

Also being bumped up depends on the department. So give you the next degree the second you hit 2.9 while others will only consider it as long as your 2.97 or closer.

If if Repeated THE module I got the F in and one of the Modules I got a D2 in and got a c3 in both of them that would bring my QCA over 2 I think?

In order to cancal a d1 you need a spare c2 or higher.
    To cancal out a d2 you need a b3 or higher.
    Unless you have a spare b3 or higher left over from the last semenster you'll need to the d2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scooter09

Hi Sibby, I`m having identical problem. I know of one other student experiencing this too. It is not a problem with my password as I can access the student portal.Problem is it is just showing my results up to last semester. I do not owe outstanding fees. I have emailed SAA but just got an automated response. Ready to pull my hair out.......so frustrating...

In order to cancal a d1 you need a spare c2 or higher.
    To cancal out a d2 you need a b3 or higher.
    Unless you have a spare b3 or higher left over from the last semenster you'll need to the d2 .

In semester one I got a B3, C2,C3 and 2 d1's.

I

In semester one I got a B3, C2,C3 and 2 d1's.

I

In that case I would be looking at repeating 2 of the Ds.
    What year are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Very Unhappy with one exam result.
    Whats the process for viewing scripts? I know the days are the 1st and 2nd but where do I find forms to fill out?

In that case I would be looking at repeating 2 of the Ds.
    What year are you in?

1st year

1st year

That changes alot. All you need to worry about is bringing your qca above 2.0 so repeating the F and one of the d's will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaspa91

Finally got my results I'm very happy!!
    my final qca is 3.25 but I'm kinda disappointed I was .15 away from a 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

Just want to check something really quick if anyone can help my accumulated QCA was 3.00 last semester and my accumulated this semester was 3.08 would this mean that I would have had to get a QCA of 4.2 (I know it's impossible) to come within the discretionary of a 1.1? Any help would be great

• Advertisement

Just want to check something really quick if anyone can help my accumulated QCA was 3.00 last semester and my accumulated this semester was 3.08 would this mean that I would have had to get a QCA of 4.2 (I know it's impossible) to come within the discretionary of a 1.1? Any help would be great

Can you give some more details regarding your course?
    I.e what year are you in and number of modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

Can you give some more details regarding your course?
    I.e what year are you in and number of modules.

4th year business studies, 5 modules per semester and no FYP, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I recommend people try the excel spreadsheets from this thread. Really handy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84491985

That changes alot. All you need to worry about is bringing your qca above 2.0 so repeating the F and one of the d's will be fine

Right so it's Software or Analogue electronics I'll be repeating.... Decisions

4th year business studies, 5 modules per semester and no FYP, thanks!

Ya it would have been impossible for you to get above a final qca of 3.25

Right so it's Software or Analogue electronics I'll be repeating.... Decisions

Make sure its one of the d2 modules that you repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A cumulative QCA is basically what your average QCA is for modules undertaken so far? I'm very confused as I had a 3.9 session with a 3.7 cumulative which changed to a 3.92 session with a 3.68 when my first part of FYP grade was put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

scooter09 wrote: »
    Hi Sibby, I`m having identical problem. I know of one other student experiencing this too. It is not a problem with my password as I can access the student portal.Problem is it is just showing my results up to last semester. I do not owe outstanding fees. I have emailed SAA but just got an automated response. Ready to pull my hair out.......so frustrating...

Ya so it turns out the fees office decided to block a TONNE of students' results because we apparently didn't pay fees. When i rang up to find out about it I told them I was on the grant. They then said I didn't give them forms to prove I was on the grant (which I did!!). I've to go get the county council to send on my forms before I can access my results!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Happened to me last year and I sent a very harsh email and I got a reply then saying they found my forms.. :rolleyes:

There should be lots of people in UL sacked! utter disgrace how bad emails/results are and it never gets better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Got a B1 and three B2's! So not happy! My QCA has dropped from 3.1 to 3.05 :( (I'm in third year). No chance of a first class honours now...
    Also for arts I think anything above 3.5 is first class honours? If that's the case how well would I need to do in fourth year to get it from 3.05 -3.5? Is it impossible? Thanks, just worried here! :)

Advertisement