Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Exam Results

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Got a B1 and three B2's! So not happy! My QCA has dropped from 3.1 to 3.05 :( (I'm in third year). No chance of a first class honours now...
    Also for arts I think anything above 3.5 is first class honours? If that's the case how well would I need to do in fourth year to get it from 3.05 -3.5? Is it impossible? Thanks, just worried here! :)

I am exactly the same! Dropped from 3.2 to 3.05...Thanks to German but at least I passed! I am going into final year too and want to know if it is possible to get up to the first class honours!

Hope we can get some help finding out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Aragneer wrote: »
    I am exactly the same! Dropped from 3.2 to 3.05...Thanks to German but at least I passed! I am going into final year too and want to know if it is possible to get up to the first class honours!

Hope we can get some help finding out :)

Looked again, turns out it's 3.07! At least that's slightly better!:P I dropped one grade from last semester my QCA has never dropped before! TBH though the grades themselves weren't very good, would have loved to have gotten an A2, that would have bumped it up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Possible for both of ye to get a 1.1 but you'll need to get an a1 in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How many compensating fails are you allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How many compensating fails are you allowed?

There's no set number but to progress to the next year your qca has to be higher than 2.0 so it depends on your other grades really. If I remember form yesterday you have 2? As your first year you can get away with just repeating one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ryanf1 wrote: »
    There's no set number but to progress to the next year your qca has to be higher than 2.0 so it depends on your other grades really. If I remember form yesterday you have 2? As your first year you can get away with just repeating one

2 from each semester. I make it to be that I've I repeat the module I got the F in and one of the Modules I got a D2 in, if I get a C3 in both of these then my overall QCA for the year will be 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Is a D3 a compulsory repeat does anyone know? I cant find out for sure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Chavways wrote: »
    Is a D3 a compulsory repeat does anyone know? I cant find out for sure at all.

Only if your QCA is under 2.0
    It hammers your QCA though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Only if your QCA is under 2.0
    It hammers your QCA though...

Yeah that's what I thought. I'm asking for my friend. He's on a 2.8 and wants a 3 but he has a D3 and wants to repeat it to get to a C3 but even with that I don't think it'll bring him up that much. I haven't done the maths but I think it's impossible. It's only a 3 credit module too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

What's the story with rechecks has the application date passed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

What's the story with rechecks has the application date passed?

I think this Friday is the last day for applying for rechecks, think it says somewhere in the student handbook you have 2 weeks after results are available to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

I got a session QCA of 3.8 in this summers exams. Just wondering should I have got a letter from the president by now? (I'm final year graduating at the end of the month so not sure if I'm entitled to one?)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

galwayu wrote: »
    I got a session QCA of 3.8 in this summers exams. Just wondering should I have got a letter from the president by now?

Congratulations!

Obama ain't sending you a letter though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

galwayu wrote: »
    I got a session QCA of 3.8 in this summers exams. Just wondering should I have got a letter from the president by now? (I'm final year graduating at the end of the month so not sure if I'm entitled to one?)

I don't think those letters come until about midway through the following semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't think those letters come until about midway through the following semester.

I didn't get last years letter till like october.

Advertisement