Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under barrel grenade launcher

• 23-06-2014 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Anyone use these and are they effective? Thinking about getting one for my G&G M4. Which one would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

I like them and seen many guys use them very well .

Their an expensive thing to add on a aeg and expensive to load up for eg. buying the grenade shells.
    Plus experiance will get you more efficient at them.

They do add more weight to your aeg and more chance of letting your arm rest when it should be aiming at possible movement.

I personally like them myself, but as long as you know best when to use them, understand they add weight to your overall aeg and make it front heavy.
    If your willing to overcome that, you'll find them enjoyable when you pop a grenade at enemy and see the fear in their eyes. eh I mean take their hit yolo.

Another question that needs to be asked is.! , Is the aeg body metal or abs polymer.

It needs to be asked because, more weight in the front will add stresses and straints.
    Just needs to be considered if your mounting one and spending on nades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

My M4 is metal. I had a look at a couple of launchers in Airsofteire today. One was a "traditional" looking launcher that was pretty long. The other was a Madbull launcher that was half the size of the other one and didn't "look" like a launcher.

I have to do some more research before I commit. Didn't realise there were different types of grenades either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

There was a discussion about this last December. You may find Thermo's and Dex's replies helpful, as I did.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057107513

I have three of the POM grenades on the way from eHobby. They should be good enough for occasional use. We'll see how they work out soon enough.

Thanks for that. But which actual launcher would you recommend for reliability? Didn't know it would be this complicated trying to get a good launcher/grenade combo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

IMHO your better off with a pistol launcher in belt holster unless your going for a "look".........
    With the pistol you can use or discard it as needs dictate, it's not bolted to one gun, and adds no extra weight to your rifle.

• Advertisement

I see what you mean but I saw a M4 with launcher attached at Redhills last weekend and it looked great. Didn't see it in action though and the owner didn't stick around after the gaming to ask him a few questions. It's a good wedge of money for the launcher and grenades and I'm hesitant to make the plunge without getting more info. Guess me and my old mate GOOGLE will have to sit down and do some research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Don't get me wrong the m203's are very hand against buildings, vehicles ect but I have found all the launchers I have ( m203's, AT-4 & RPG-7) are all too bulky with exception of my abs pistol launcher.

Mmmmmm..... You have me thinking now! While a launcher might look badass on the gun, would it slow me down, knock my aim off etc? I've been really upping my game lately to the point that I'm being a lot more aggressive (but in a "nice way") in my skirmishing and I thought having a M203 launcher on my gun would put the fear of God into the opfor.

Must think long and hard about it.

Advertisement