Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Connections Available"

Options
  • 23-06-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Having an issue with my bros laptop, trying to connect to wireless (was grand up until the other day). Getting a red x on the network icon on the bottom right of the computer, and it saying "no connections available". The wireless is fine as it's working on 2 laptops and 3 phones. When I connect it via Ethernet cable it's fine too.

Scanned for Hardware Changes in Device Manager but nothing, I did however notice "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" had a yellow exclamation mark next to it which I can get to go away, I've Googled it and found the following which didn't work:
    In the start menu search bar type in REGEDIT to open the registry editor. Navigate through the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS. In the right pane, right click Disabled Componets and select edit. Set the DWord value to 0. Restart your computer and the teredo tunneling adapter will now start.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you tried reinstalling the wireless drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I did, didn't work at the time. Seems a Windows Update ran yesterday when I was in work and sorted it :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Right click on the network, Properties, show characters and copy the wireless key.

Then go to Network and Sharing Centre, Manage Wireless Networks, Click on the network and remove.

Then reconnect. The encryption type may have changed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

try this first.

Option 1:

1.Open services.msc
    2.Go to the Network Location Awareness service
    3.Right click it, and select Restart.
    1.You will be prompted that it will restart multiple services, click Yes.
    1.Allow to restart
    1.Network connectivity restored.

Option 2:
    1.Open command prompt
    2.Type: net stop NlaSvc
    3.Type y if prompted
    4.When that finished type: net start NlaSvc
    5.Network connectivity restored

there is a more complex way but best try before doing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I did, didn't work at the time. Seems a Windows Update ran yesterday when I was in work and sorted it :/

It's sorted gents! :D Cheers though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement