Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on henry street

Options
  • 23-06-2014 12:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

Seemed to be an altercation there, an older bald guy was hit or at least, had someone attempting to hit him on multiple occassions, he had a woman with him who tried to keep the attackers at bay - a lot of it was just talk and bravado but it carried on for 15-20 minutes on the street there with a huge crowd gathering to watch before police showed up.

Anyway the police let the aggressors walk off down the street there towards Roisin Dubh, they then went to speak to the guy who had been the target of several assualts and he became agitated at their inaction repeating "What are you going to do about it? I was hit" several times, obviously exasperated that the attackers were let walk away (even more strange considering there must have been at least 50 witnesses). The "victim"(at least this is what he seemed to be) then said something along the lines of "You don't care - Is it because we're travellers?" as the police went to return to their vehicle. Then he called them useless and they returned and arrested him. I am staying in the area this weekend and saw it all from my apartment - could hardly miss it to be honest.

Anyone else see this - is my account correct? If so then I feel the police have failed to do their jobs properly on this occassion. Guys who were loud, drunk, aggressive and threw several violent punches witnessed by loads of people were just permitted to walk on down the street - is it because they only attacked another traveller? If so that's very inadequate policing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

donfers wrote: »
    Seemed to be an altercation there, an older bald guy was hit or at least, had someone attempting to hit him on multiple occassions, he had a woman with him who tried to keep the attackers at bay - a lot of it was just talk and bravado but it carried on for 15-20 minutes on the street there with a huge crowd gathering to watch before police showed up.

Anyway the police let the aggressors walk off down the street there towards Roisin Dubh, they then went to speak to the guy who had been the target of several assualts and he became agitated at their inaction repeating "What are you going to do about it? I was hit" several times, obviously exasperated that the attackers were let walk away (even more strange considering there must have been at least 50 witnesses). The "victim"(at least this is what he seemed to be) then said something along the lines of "You don't care - Is it because we're travellers?" as the police went to return to their vehicle. Then he called them useless and they returned and arrested him. I am staying in the area this weekend and saw it all from my apartment - could hardly miss it to be honest.

Anyone else see this - is my account correct? If so then I feel the police have failed to do their jobs properly on this occassion. Guys who were loud, drunk, aggressive and threw several violent punches witnessed by loads of people were just permitted to walk on down the street - is it because they only attacked another traveller? If so that's very inadequate policing

It works both ways. I had two travellers try to scrap me before. They were clearly the aggressors, rather than mess with them, the Garda came up and grabbed me and told me to leave the area right now or get arrested..

If you feel like they didn't do their job. I'd reach out to the Garda Ombudsman to report. Though, I wrote his office a few years ago about a different incident and didn't get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It's the end of the world as we know it. All we hear everyday is death and destruction. Even these one eyed little fellers are dealing with outside influences...

Advertisement