Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins and Vix

Options
  • 23-06-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Don't want to ruin BenThere's thread so posting here.

Since I failed so miserably with MyMetrix (but I will try again) I tried to copy STB's Vix Blue HD.

A few noticeable differences.

The top three screen shots are STBs, bottom three are mine.

What do I do to copy the top three.

311815.jpg

311816.jpg

311817.jpg

cbd0683df6c9bc9a2d1b670387535e2b.png

0776ff10aa6074a7324d370f14984ca2.png

24ea4bb2aae07cb82ab1b9df29eb6073.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

iba wrote: »
    Don't want to ruin BenThere's thread so posting here.

Since I failed so miserably with MyMetrix (but I will try again) I tried to copy STB's Vix Blue HD.

A few noticeable differences.

The top three screen shots are STBs, bottom three are mine.

What do I do to copy the top three.

Assuming you're using ABM look for an option to change it to the Irish region.

I don't use it so can't advise you further I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I will post a screen shot of my settings if you wish later on.

I changed the font sizes to minuses and a few other things, but nothing major.

I don't use Autobouquet Manager so I don't have Sky like LCN, just my own channel numbering.

You problem with MyMetrix by the way is that you have run out of memory on your set top box. You should make sure your picons are stored on a dedicated USB stick, same with EPG, that it is stored on your USB rather than internal flash,. You should then setup the largest swapfile you can to the USB. It will free up a lot of space for other plugins that have to be on internal flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

STB wrote: »

I don't use Autobouquet Manager so I don't have Sky like LCN, just my own channel numbering.

You problem with MyMetrix by the way is that you have run out of memory on your set top box. You should make sure your picons are stored on a dedicated USB stick, same with EPG, that it is stored on your USB rather than internal flash,. You should then setup the largest swapfile you can to the USB. It will free up a lot of space for other plugins that have to be on internal flash.

I thought he was referring to the location of the Irish channels; how wrong was I :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Thanks for the answer to the MyMetrix problem.

Yes I'm using auto-Bouquet

Yes, I have Picons, EPG and back-up stored on a 4GB memory stick permanently left in the back of the machine.

I do not have 'swap-file' set up at all - have not tried using it yet. I do not know anything about it.

Is there a way to see what is stored on the Box's internal memory - maybe I can delete stuff/maybe I should do a factory reset?

Cheers

@fbradyirl - Gigablue 800SE

• Advertisement

Some more info. regarding memory. Does it look normal or is the memroy too full and if so how can I delete unwanted files from the memory:

22a1a957dc2356e3e8ccec2b4edd55e3.png

I have created a swap file - size 256mb (that was the largest option available) and I set it to autostart (enable swap at startup).

Just switching these images around to make them easier to see:

Mine:

cbd0683df6c9bc9a2d1b670387535e2b.png

STB's:

311815.jpg

Mine:

0776ff10aa6074a7324d370f14984ca2.png

STB's:

311816.jpg

Mine:

24ea4bb2aae07cb82ab1b9df29eb6073.png

STB's:

311817.jpg

Cheers

STB,

I know your a very very busy man, but I would appreciate a shot of your settings when you do get a chance.

Cheers

STB,

I know your a very very busy man, but I would appreciate a shot of your settings when you do get a chance.

Cheers

Will do.

In the info menu in Vix, it will tell you how much of the flash is being used. This is stuff physically stored on the internal flash. (this is what gets eaten up by picons). The other pic you posted is available memory.

• Advertisement

Will do.

In the info menu in Vix, it will tell you how much of the flash is being used. This is stuff physically stored on the internal flash. (this is what gets eaten up by picons). The other pic you posted is available memory.

Thanks STB,

I will check that out when I get home.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I'm struggling to understand the issue here - is it the channel numbering? IS it the fact that you have channel numbers showing and STB doesn't? AutoBouquetMaker (ABM) doesn't play well with Saorview, but is fine if you are using it with the standard SKY or Freesat regional settings. Are you using AutoBouquets E2 instead of ABM? With the inability to decrypt HD channels on E2 machines using your own sub card there is a lot of channel swapping required to get the SD channels in a reasonable order with the FTA HD channels from BBC and C4 in the right place.

fat-tony wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand the issue here - is it the channel numbering? IS it the fact that you have channel numbers showing and STB doesn't? AutoBouquetMaker (ABM) doesn't play well with Saorview, but is fine if you are using it with the standard SKY or Freesat regional settings. Are you using AutoBouquets E2 instead of ABM? With the inability to decrypt HD channels on E2 machines using your own sub card there is a lot of channel swapping required to get the SD channels in a reasonable order with the FTA HD channels from BBC and C4 in the right place.

He was trying to run the My Metrix Skin within Vix. This skin is very bloated and does other stuff not seen in other skins (I ran it on ATV way back).

The 800SE Mk1 boxes have a CPU running at 333MHZ with 128/256MB RAM. Too many plugins in flash and it can crash the box when installing. (Little bit of cross posting here but it is I would imagine a legit reason for the crash at install of My Metrix). You can always check what is on the box and whats on the USB by ftping into the box)

Sorry for confusing you.

Yes I am using Autobouquet E2

I just liked the look of STB's over mine.

Compare image 3 and 4. STB's writing is much clearer (image 4), easier to read. And STB's is showing Picons whereas mine is not. And mine is showing channel numbers and STB's is not.

Likewise in image 5 and 6. The writing in mine (image 5) is not as good as STBs. And STB's picons are much clearer than mine and I have channel numbers whereas he has not.

Would love to get them in the same order like STB too, but one step at a time :)

Cheers.

Ok - understand the issue about bloat and memory etc., but the things I saw different were picons and channel numbers. The presence or absence of picons and channel numbers is controlled by Menu / System / Channel Selection Settings, where you can specify what you want shown. The picon set is probably different than STB's - there are loads of them on the ViX feeds. Again, you may have different font set or relative sizing of the EPG blocks, again configurable. Lastly, your HDMI settings may be different, depending on your TV capability. I use 1080p 50Hz on my Sony LCD TV - your settings may be different.

Ok - understand the issue about bloat and memory etc., but the things I saw different were picons and channel numbers. The presence or absence of picons and channel numbers is controlled by Menu / System / Channel Selection Settings, where you can specify what you want shown. The picon set is probably different than STB's - there are loads of them on the ViX feeds. Again, you may have different font set or relative sizing of the EPG blocks, again configurable. Lastly, your HDMI settings may be different, depending on your TV capability. I use 1080p 50Hz on my Sony LCD TV - your settings may be different.

Picons are oscram shd transparent white no paddding.

Settings tweaked below for graphical epg (guide, press menu) and channel selection settings (up button, press menu).

Additional Graphical EPG Settings (not seen in photo) are Timeline font=-1 Timeline 24 hours, yes abd time scale 120 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi guys, where is the best place to download this skin? I'm on solo 2, apollo vix

Thanks
    Mick

Hi guys, where is the best place to download this skin? I'm on solo 2, apollo vix

Thanks
    Mick

It is in the feeds/plugins under skins.

What skin you on atm, post some screen shots if you like

It is in the feeds/plugins under skins.

What skin you on atm, post some screen shots if you like

Standard VIX skin.. i dont see mymetrix under plugins?

If you are talking about the Blue One (very Skyish) in this thread, its called Blue HD. One installed you must go into your Skins on the menu and choose it. Your box will then be prompted to reboot.

• Advertisement

Ah, I did not know you were asking about MyMetrix.

Apparently it is wrongly named in the plugins/feeds (fbradyirl helped me with that) - it is called matrixhd

Will do.

Flash memory - looks a bit full - have not got round to the other stuff yet (wife hogging TV)

ffb369e2b35ae63858bf807b2d94af15.png

@iba - that screengrab is a bit small and unreadable. Can you select High Resolution in the screengrab in Webif and you will get a bigger image.

313040.jpg

@iba - that screengrab is a bit small and unreadable. Can you select High Resolution in the screengrab in Webif and you will get a bigger image.

313040.jpg

Now you know why I was looking for STB's settings lol

Didn't know about the HS button, thanks.

102429ea8a933009f7dd50aa38e1c514.png

Hope this is better

@Fat-Tony - I do not know how to get it big like yours, I use a programme called Gyazo to copy and paste shots.

@Fat-Tony - I do not know how to get it big like yours :P...

I assume you're using the Webif to grab a screenshot in the first place?

I just right-clicked and saved image into a folder, then uploaded it. I see yours is not an actual attachment - are you copy/pasting it some way?

Hi guys I installed blue HD buy for some reason can't see my recorded list any more. Just a blue screen when I go in there
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Mick

I assume you're using the Webif to grab a screenshot in the first place?

I just right-clicked and saved image into a folder, then uploaded it. I see yours is not an actual attachment - are you copy/pasting it some way?

Ah, I didnt know you could just copy and paste direct from webif

I use https://gyazo.com/ to save it then copy and paste it from there - obviously I am taking the unnecessary long way around.

So I guess you could not read it again - I will do it again tonite using your way :)

Hi guys I installed blue HD buy for some reason can't see my recorded list any more. Just a blue screen when I go in there
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Mick

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't, maybe the others will.

Post pics, it always helps.

Cheers

• Advertisement

I did a factory reset on the box to try and get rid of any unwanted files and clean up the box.

And then I did a new flash.

I removed the USB key where picons and backup etc are stored before doing the flash.

But when I did the flash it said that a backup had been detected and did I want to restore it. I guess I must have stored a backup on the flash before I learnt how to do it on the USB

How can I delete this unwanted backup please?

I did free up some memory though, 50.8m now, previously it was 39.4

grab?format=jpg&r=700&mode=all&timestamp=1404338916173

Edit: Scratch the above, I found how to delete

Advertisement