Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question About The Results

Options
  • 23-06-2014 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

In SEM1 I got a 1.92 QCA with a:

B3
    F
    D2
    B1
    C2

In SEM2 I got a 1.48 QCA with a:

F
    F
    B2
    B1
    D2

My Accumulated QCA of 1.7. So I have to repeat 3 exams? The one from SEM1, and the 2 from SEM2? I'm in first year so I don't know how this really works. :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

B8ZZ wrote: »
    In SEM1 I got a 1.92 QCA with a:

B3
    F
    D2
    B1
    C2

In SEM2 I got a 1.48 QCA with a:

F
    F
    B2
    B1
    D2

My Accumulated QCA of 1.7. So I have to repeat 3 exams? The one from SEM1, and the 2 from SEM2? I'm in first year so I don't know how this really works. :S

Your repeats are capped at a C3. If you clear the three F grades you'll finish the year on 2.3. Clearing one of the D2 grades would get you up to 2.38.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

Chimaera wrote: »
    Your repeats are capped at a C3. If you clear the three F grades you'll finish the year on 2.3. Clearing one of the D2 grades would get you up to 2.38.

Thanks! Is it €170 for each repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I'm not sure what the exact fee is, but it is charged for each module you repeat. So if it's €170 per module, you're looking at at least €510 to get out of this semester, €680 if you repeat one of the D2 grades (you can't repeat the other as you're limited to 4 repeats for the year).

Also, if you're doing this badly in first year, you need to take a long hard look at what you're doing. It gets harder from here on, and you won't get marks for just turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It's €171 per module.
    As your in 1st year there's no need to repeat the D grades but it's cumpukspry to repeat the Fs

Advertisement