Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSc Applied Physics

• 23-06-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    Is there anybody who has undertaken or is currently undertaking the Master's in Applied Physics at UL?
    I've just finished a degree in Physics and I'm planning on applying for this course.
    I am just wondering what the course is like? For instance is it particularly difficult? Is there much practical work involved? What kind of job's have anybody gotten into having done it?

Also with regard to the application, did people who got in put much work into the Supporting Statement? (Kept it to text area of the form or uploaded a longer one as a supporting document)

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

TogCuig wrote: »
    Hi all
    Is there anybody who has undertaken or is currently undertaking the Master's in Applied Physics at UL?
    I've just finished a degree in Physics and I'm planning on applying for this course.
    I am just wondering what the course is like? For instance is it particularly difficult? Is there much practical work involved? What kind of job's have anybody gotten into having done it?

Also with regard to the application, did people who got in put much work into the Supporting Statement? (Kept it to text area of the form or uploaded a longer one as a supporting document)

Thanks!!

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I'm interested in it myself, and didn't want to create a new thread.

Anyone doing this course this year? Were the labs taking place, or were they scuppered cos of Covid? (Undergrdaute physics students, any input on your labs?)

Also, TogCuig, did you eventually study the course? How did you get on?

Advertisement