Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from 3 mobile

Options
  • 23-06-2014 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Niamh ,

It would appear that your definition of spam comes under the criteria of critical comments ??? Some of the posts were repeated but on different forums which discussed the same issue . I was highlighting an issue in an open forum which you have decided to censure for what ever reason and then call it spam ? Or would it be that 3 are a major advertiser on this site ???

Thanks for your mail and I look forward to my return to continue to highlight an issue that many seem to be having a problem with . So much for open discussion

Regards

Gus67

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You registered specifically to negatively spam a business, nots not within our rules. Criticism is fine, but spamming is not. If you do that again, your access on the site as a whole will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gus67

Thanks for the help

I registered to see if anyone else was having problem with the 3 mobile service , which many did ! I replied to same an posted my opinion which are founded in facts. I am bemused as to how this is spam under any definition ? With this logic you are presuming you know my reasons for joining boards.ie ???? As stated previously it would appear that negative comments posted about a major advertiser to boards.ie seems to be a valid reason to ban someone . Thanks for your reply and considered advise

I registered to see if anyone else was having problem with the 3 mobile service , which many did ! I replied to same an posted my opinion which are founded in facts. I am bemused as to how this is spam under any definition ? With this logic you are presuming you know my reasons for joining boards.ie ???? As stated previously it would appear that negative comments posted about a major advertiser to boards.ie seems to be a valid reason to ban someone . Thanks for your reply and considered advise. With regards negative comments please read my posts as while the are negative with regards the service provided by 3 mobile ! They are positive with regards their customer service staff and the hard job they undoubtedly do .

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Gus you are now spamming this thread by posting the same thing more than once. This is our very definition of spam on the site. From our FAQs:
    Don't spam your message

YOU may want lots of people to see your message but they may not want to see it. Pick a forum that is MOST suitable for your message and post it there. Once.

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms of Use and abide by them. If you continue to spam (post the same thing repeatedly), your account will be permanently banned as Gordon has already said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gus67 wrote: »
    I registered to see if anyone else was having problem with the 3 mobile service , which many did !
    Your first few posts were on a 7 year old thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90914622

You obviously searched for it somehow, and posted, but you didn't post to see if anyone was having problems, you posted to complain about the company and tell people not to use them. You did this continually: no discussion, just telling people not to use the company.
    I replied to same an posted my opinion which are founded in facts. I am bemused as to how this is spam under any definition ? With this logic you are presuming you know my reasons for joining boards.ie ???? As stated previously it would appear that negative comments posted about a major advertiser to boards.ie seems to be a valid reason to ban someone .
    Major advertiser? I'm not sure if they pay money to advertise here, they certainly have a Talk To forum, but this is not an advertising service , it's a forum for a level of customer service and information. If there is advertising from that forum, it is from good customer service, if they have bad customer service, then the advertising is bad for them. And you can avail of this if you don't break the rules. Negative comments are allowed, but when all you are doing is posting multiple posts telling people to stay away from a company, it's spam.
    Thanks for your reply and considered advise. With regards negative comments please read my posts as while the are negative with regards the service provided by 3 mobile ! They are positive with regards their customer service staff and the hard job they undoubtedly do .
    Thats nice, but it's not about positive or negative, we ban spam either way. If all you do is register and post positive comments telling people to go with a business, then you are still spamming. We get people spamming companies in order to get people to take up business with them, and we get people spamming bad stuff about companies in order for others not to take up business with them. This is a discussion forum, not your personal platform to stir the masses into your personal agenda. Spam is noise in a discussion, we don't want noise, it annoys.

When your ban is up, why not open a channel of discussion on the three forum to look at your concern, but please don't use boards as your preaching pulpit.

Your temporary ban stays, please keep our rules and forum charters in mind when posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement