Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please slow down in Ongar Village

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My biggest gripe with Ongar driving wise is the people who park all around that one way part of the road in front of the big yellow building at the top (or bottom) of the village next to Paddy Power and the two takeaways. It's hard to see anything, which is of concern given there's a playground just there, and it's easy to clip a badly parked motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Responsibility of the management company - who don't have the funds because of people not paying their fees.

in that case i strongly advice the shops and stores in ongar to fund the repairs, otherwise they will lose my business pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

d15ude wrote: »
    in that case i strongly advice the shops and stores in ongar to fund the repairs, otherwise they will lose my business pretty soon.

They all ready pay commercial rate, which is essentially a property tax that should cover local issue like roads

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

oblivious wrote: »
    They all ready pay commercial rate, which is essentially a property tax that should cover local issue like roads

Not roads that aren't in charge of Fingal Co Co they don't. Ongar remains private and is in no condition to be handed over to the Council, which is the Catch 22, Fingal wont take it on until everything is repaired and installed to standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Not roads that aren't in charge of Fingal Co Co they don't. Ongar remains private and is in no condition to be handed over to the Council, which is the Catch 22, Fingal wont take it on until everything is repaired and installed to standard.

Oh I know, but they still pay rates and rent. Its just the poster suggested that business should sort it out, when its very like the issue is private residences not paying their fees that caused the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

oblivious wrote: »
    Oh I know, but they still pay rates and rent. Its just the poster suggested that business should sort it out, when its very like the issue is private residences not paying their fees that caused the problem.

I as a shopper don't really care whose fault the condition of the area is.
    If it is run down I go somewhere else, and I quite sure I'm not alone.

So it certainly is in the own interest of the store owners to sort it out asap.
    Of course their a are other stake holders like lessors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

d15ude wrote: »
    I as a shopper don't really care whose fault the condition of the area is.
    If it is run down I go somewhere else, and I quite sure I'm not alone.

So it certainly is in the own interest of the store owners to sort it out asap.
    Of course their a are other stake holders like lessors etc.

I'm with you there, I'm closer to Ongar than Clonee yet I choose the latter because of the state of Ongar, the streetscape is wrecked and a hazard to cars

The entrance to Dunnes, and the condition of the carpark surrounding is so shabby now, it must be the least inviting Dunnes in Ireland.

One possible solution is for Fingal not to grant any further planning permissions elsewhere for anyone involved in Ongar as a development, until Ongar is repaired to standard. Residents there should lobby the Council on it.

Advertisement