Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drafting 2014 Bitchfest Megathread :(

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    From what I saw today at the Caroline Kearney Memorial Tri, the harsher penalties are producing immediate results.

No, this is what produced the results...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

It looks like the new 4 minute penalty isn't deterring some from still drafting. I did Blacksod today & there was some serious drafting going on.
    At one stage a group of 7 riders went past me all bunched in tightly together. A bike marshal told them to break up but didn't hand out any penalties.
    So they broke up & I passed them. About 5 mins later the 7 went past again in a peloton & stayed like that for the next 5 to 7k. One of them from a Dublin City club was ahead of me for the last 15k & was permanently tucked in behind one or two riders.
    Finally a few KM for the finish the bike marshal gave him a red card for drafting & he was told he had a penalty. But coming out of transition he didn't go in to the penalty box & so far the results don't show any disqualification.
    It will be interesting to see will he get disqualified & if not what's the point in having these new tougher penalties if they aren't going to be enforced.-

Advertisement