Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I go back and do 3 or 4 subjects for the leaving cert?

• 23-06-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'm 23, currently unemployed looking for work, and I've been considering going back to do Maths, Applied Maths, Physics and maybe Chemistry at the leaving cert level. I was thinking of trying to teach myself or going back to my old school and inquiring on what I should do there.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this kind of situation. I'd really appreciate any advice and info.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on where you are in the country, you may be able to do night classes for those subjects. It would be much easier than trying to do them yourself at home.
    Contact your local ETB (previously VEC).

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

I'm in Mayo. Unfortunately, my local ETB doesn't offer night classes in these subjects. At least these subjects are not on their list of courses on their website, I'll contact them though. I think I'm going to have to go back to my local school and inquire about it. Thank you for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hey! I'm a tutor working towards qualifying as a teacher.
    It's most certainly possible! If you speak to your school (where hopefully you can sit the exams when you are aiming to), they will be able to put you in touch with a centre.
    Some subjects aren't covered, but you can always try and teach yourself (if you are familiar with the subject) and maybe get a grind once every few weeks?
    I've experience in this area if you want to PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

Thanks, Kellief!

Advertisement