Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning received and C Mod posting in Horse Racing Forum

Options
  • 23-06-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

On Friday I received a warning from Sparks for the reason of 'ignoring a moderator instruction'. I have asked him to rescind the warning via PM and been informed that he is unwilling to do so and the DRP facility is available to me.

Sequence of Events:

- It was brought to my attention that on Friday afternoon Sparks had made untrue accusations aimed at me and the other Admins of Irishpokerboards in the Horse Racing Feedback thread. Sparks has made such accusations before on this site (in the mod and public sections) despite repeated corrections on the point;
    - Sparks then posted that further discussion on the topic could be taken to PM, however he did not delete his post containing the false accusations;
    - I replied to his post to respond to the accusations and correct the inaccuracies contained within;
    - Sparks deleted my post and gave me a warning on the basis that I ignored a moderator instruction;
    - I posted again on thread and noted to him via PM that it was not acceptable for him to post up accusations and then delete corrections to those accusations. Either he not make those accusations or allow the right of reply. He cannot have his cake and eat it too essentially;
    - At that point he finally deleted his post and any others that had mentioned it or quoted it;

Request:

I would like:

- my warning rescinded;
    - an assurance that Sparks will refrain from making further untrue accusations on this point on forums he has moderator privileges on. I would ideally prefer if he could resist making false accusations generally, but I have a particular issue with the idea he may write such posts and then use his moderator privileges to delte responses to same;

Reasoning:

While I expect the response to be that I ignored a moderator warning, black and white / cut and dried / etc, I am unfortunately forced to correct inaccurate information posted publicly. I would agree such content was dramatically off topic for the thread concerned, but Sparks himself decided to introduce such a tangent to the discussion.

More generally though, it is unfortunate that Sparks insists on casting aspersions over a number of long term contributers to this website who have cumulatively volunteered years of time as moderators / organisers of boards.ie related events, etc. When his privileges as a C Mod are then used to remove responses to posts of his on that point I consider it to be a serious issue.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Hi there

I'm not sure that DRP is appropriate for warnings as opposed to bans & infractions.

Looking at the info below ... I think this is more feedback / helpdesk than DRP.

Leave it with me, let me read through it and come back.

Gimme an hour or so.

I cannot find any posts by you in the Horse Racing forum ... even deleted ones.

Can you point me at the thread / responses in question please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Cheers for taking a look, if it needs to be moved to another section that's no problem.

I've forwarded you the warning PM which contains Spark's post and my reply. I also had a subsequent post on the thread deleted, and there were some other posts resonding to his original aswell. Let us know if you need more information.

Thanks ... I've found your two posts.

I can also see the two posts by other users that you've alluded to ... but I won't be taking them on as part of this.

I think this is not a DRP issue, as much as it is a feedback / helpdesk issue - the problem here is not to do with Horse Racing.

Look at it this way - if we resolve the "warning" - that won't do a thing to sort the actual concerns in the posts you made, and the responses so far.

Leave it with me.

• Advertisement

OK ... having read through this in detail, I'm more convinced that this grievance is a tangent to the Horse Racing forum.

I do think it's a genuine grievance, and it should be heard ... but DRP is not the place for it.

Let me take this back - I won't deal with this as a DRP - but I won't close this down until I'm happy that I've found the right home for it.

trout wrote: »
    OK ... having read through this in detail, I'm more convinced that this grievance is a tangent to the Horse Racing forum.

I do think it's a genuine grievance, and it should be heard ... but DRP is not the place for it.

Let me take this back - I won't deal with this as a DRP - but I won't close this down until I'm happy that I've found the right home for it.

Appreciate that you're busy, but have you had a chance to progress this further? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay ... I've been up to my tonsils.

Leave it with me ... I'll come back ASAP

OK ... I'm up to speed on this. Thanks for your patience.

I think it's only fair to reverse the warning.

I will engage with Sparks offline, and ask that this topic is put to bed ... for good.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement