Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address for efibre

Options
  • 23-06-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am moving house. I have eFibre. I was told by a rep that it costs nothing to change my address and move the router. My new address appears to have eFibre available on your website.

1) Am I correct in understanding it is free to transfer?
    2) Will I have to take up a new 18-month contract, or can I see the old one out?
    3) Would I need to get in contact with eircom much in advance? Or can it be switched on the day?

Would be most grateful if you could answer those questions without referring me to a customer care number. Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I am moving house. I have eFibre. I was told by a rep that it costs nothing to change my address and move the router. My new address appears to have eFibre available on your website.

1) Am I correct in understanding it is free to transfer?
    2) Will I have to take up a new 18-month contract, or can I see the old one out?
    3) Would I need to get in contact with eircom much in advance? Or can it be switched on the day?

Would be most grateful if you could answer those questions without referring me to a customer care number. Thanks. 
    Hi OneManNoDucks

If efibre is available at the new address it is indeed free to transfer service- if it is not available it is also free to transfer service to a regular broadband service

If a move is carried out a new 18 month contract commences and it is advisable to get in touch with eircom a couple of weeks in advance (it's certainly not possible to arrange same day)

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement