Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geting rid or an unwanted dog.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irl2dxb

Joined the forum as Iam disgusted to see this kind of behaviour! Had I been in ireland I would of offered to foster the dog until a solution was reached. That is one neighbour I wouldn't be friendly with had he even suggested such a sickening solution to getting rid of a dog. I hear story's like this with grey hound breeders and how they drown them truly disgusting things all for money. No one should get a dog without understanding the responsibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

lets all be honest here. the dog is not tied to a tree or abandoned 20 miles away its in a shallow grave on your mans plot or in a secluded area not to far away. probably a swift death with a broken neck or some such. i dont think the guy wants the chance of the dog coming back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irl2dxb

lets all be honest here. the dog is not tied to a tree or abandoned 20 miles away its in a shallow grave on your mans plot or in a secluded area not to far away. probably a swift death with a broken neck or some such. i dont think the guy wants the chance of the dog coming back to him.

Probably ? And what if it's not? Your hopeful wishing doesn't sound like a much better scenario to me. A boarder collies neck is probably pretty hard to break unless he's had past experience... (Wouldn't be surprised) op please let us know what happened to the dog ! Keep asking your man. And if he still has it try and find it a home for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Do you really think this guy is a 'decent' neighbour 'apart from this'? Really? That almost makes you as bad as him.

Is there any way you would have a clue as to where he dumped the dog and go and try and find it, bring it to a vets, try and get it some help being rehomed or at the very least 'humanely euthanised'.

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read to be honest, I mean I know people do this sort of thing but if I had any inkling one of my neighbours was about to do it, ie they'd discussed it with me, I would just take the dog off them, I couldn't be complicit in a situation like this, I can't stop thinking about this dog being dumped and probably the slow miserable death he faces, that's unless someone finds him and uses him for a bait dog, let's be frank the possibilities are endless. Vile vile vile excuse for a human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Do you really think this guy is a 'decent' neighbour 'apart from this'? Really? That almost makes you as bad as him.

Is there any way you would have a clue as to where he dumped the dog and go and try and find it, bring it to a vets, try and get it some help being rehomed or at the very least 'humanely euthanised'.

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read to be honest, I mean I know people do this sort of thing but if I had any inkling one of my neighbours was about to do it, ie they'd discussed it with me, I would just take the dog off them, I couldn't be complicit in a situation like this, I can't stop thinking about this dog being dumped and probably the slow miserable death he faces, that's unless someone finds him and uses him for a bait dog, let's be frank the possibilities are endless. Vile vile vile excuse for a human.

I think that's an unfair comment.The OP clearly had his concerns for the dog.

• Advertisement

thats why i rarely post in here, the militant responses from some people are ridiculous. the guy justs wants an easy life. his neighbour might be a dick head but

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The dog appears to be gone, Probably abandoned in the Wicklow mountains area or in a remote part of north county Dublin would be my best guess. I seriously doubt he would kill the dog, Most likely just left it on the roadside and drove off quickly without a care in the world. I don't like it either but that's the situation. I hope someone out there finds the dog and looks after it. I guess that's pretty much the end of the story

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I have to say op, threads come up here from time to time where a horrible predicament is outlined, it upsets everyone, the person who started the thread really isn't in a position to help, or worse, doesn't accept any of the offers made by concerned people here due to not being bothered, or not wanting to rock the boat, and it all leads me to wonder.... Why post threads like this at all? What did you think it would achieve?
    All it has done, and all it was ever going to do, in the absence of any "real life" action, was anger and upset people.
    Your neighbour is the blight that has people involved in rescue worn out, but nevertheless there was help there for this dog, and I know you were offered help that you could bring to your neighbour so that his dog could be spared a cruel and unkind fate.
    Now, nobody can do anything to help. The dog is strayed somewhere, the dog is going to suffer, your neighbour has broken the law, there's every chance the dog could cause damage to some innocent farmer's livestock if he's been dumped in a rural area, and there is nothing anybody here can do, other than feel utter frustration and anger at what appears to be an utter lack of action, a lack of acceptance of the help offered here, and pure ignorance and cruelty on the head of your "good neighbour".
    I just don't understand what you thought you'd achieve here, unless you thought somebody could wave a magic wand to fix it without anyone else having to lift a finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The dog appears to be gone, Probably abandoned in the Wicklow mountains area or in a remote part of north county Dublin would be my best guess. I seriously doubt he would kill the dog, Most likely just left it on the roadside and drove off quickly without a care in the world. I don't like it either but that's the situation. I hope someone out there finds the dog and looks after it. I guess that's pretty much the end of the story

Wicklow or North County Dublin? Polar opposites really aren't they? You should go to your neighbour tell him you found a family for the dog and see if he gives away what he did/ where he put the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well said DBB. This thread has upset me not because I'm militant just because I'm a dog owner of border collies and a dog lover. The thought of that abandoned dog alone in the mountains saddens me terribly - the only thing that gives me hope is this dog might feel some freedom from where they were rared and that someone will find him and give him the good home he deserves - I know it's a slim chance.

Yeah OP's like this acheive little except further point out that some dogs have it damn hard and some people shouldn't be allowed keep pets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Spot on DBB. I was angry after reading the thread and responded in that frame of mind....

I have to wonder too about the goal of the poster. The post has a whiff of troll about it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Dead on DBB, I just logged in to post the exact same thing.

Totally and utterly pointless post by the OP which served to do nothing except upset us all. Disgusted by the lack of gumption displayed.

Enjoy your peaceful life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sometimes people like to get things off their chest. Maybe a forum like this felt like the best place to do it. No one likes hearing about this sort of thing, but alas it happens.
    And I won't be calling the authorities. At the end of the day I have to live beside this person who besides this issue is a decent neighbour who family I get along with

He isn't a decent person. His actions toward his dog showed that he is not a decent person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Am I the only who thinks the OP is being given a rough ride here?
    It seems he/she has become the patsy or scapegoat for the rest to vent their spleen upon!
    Yes,I think the OP could have been a bit more pro-active in this situation,but the real culprit here is the next door neighbour surely?The OP may have come looking for advice in desperation and before they could act appropriately the dirty deed had been done.The neighbour,to paraphrase,told the OP to "mind your own f***king business."This obviously isn't a person one can reason with!
    I'm a dog and cat owner myself and love them to bits,and I will never truly understand how and why some despicable people treat animals in such ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

There's a huge difference between posting to get something off your chest, and letting the whole community of Boards know that you are aware of animal abuse and the law being broken and are blatantly refusing to do anything about it, as well as acknowledging that you consider your friendship with such a person above and beyond importance compared to the life of a defenceless animal, and the potential lives of the livestock that poor dog might kill while starving, or the human lives it might critically endanger by running around senselessly on the roads trying to find shelter, food, or its way home.

Honestly the only thing I can think the OP was hoping to achieve was chaos.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    There's a huge difference between posting to get something off your chest, and letting the whole community of Boards know that you are aware of animal abuse and the law being broken and are blatantly refusing to do anything about it, as well as acknowledging that you consider your friendship with such a person above and beyond importance compared to the life of a defenceless animal, and the potential lives of the livestock that poor dog might kill while starving, or the human lives it might critically endanger by running around senselessly on the roads trying to find shelter, food, or its way home.

Honestly the only thing I can think the OP was hoping to achieve was chaos.
    Oh jesus christ. That seals it for me. This forum is full of asshole s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Permanent ban for you so. We will not tolerate abuse or comments like that against our forum members who are justifiably upset.

Thread is also closed as there is nothing more to be achieved from it bar arguments.

Anniehoo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

In which case, for ignoring my previous warning on thread, and for being uncivil towards other users of a forum, you won't be too upset to take a holiday from the forum.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Edited to add: beaten to it! But let it be known that people cannot waltz into a forum they ever use, and dish out abuse. It will not be tolerated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement