Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in swords

Options
  • 23-06-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

little fellas about to start creche in september, just wondering which creches people use and how much they are paying.

partner went to one today, they want 690 for 3 days a week... thought that seemed very steep.

cheers.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The usual is 60 per day for under 12 months and about 50 for over 12 months, 690 would be about 53, I think we'd pay 660 in ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Don't have our little one in a creche, but we checked out Tigin in Swords. Looks lovely in there. Very friendly staff. The place is very clean and the food looked delicious.

I can't remember the prices, but no harm in you checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Based on the price I'd say that its probably Tigin you went to. I believe its the most expensive in Swords but all I can say from my experience is that its worth it. Taking away the cost because everyone has their own personal situation which they need to work within, in regards to my daughter who I've had there for nearly 4 years now I could not recommend it highly enough. She's had had various schedules....3 full days for the first few years, and then this year (her ''free'' year) 2 half and 3 full. If it was up to her she'd be there 5 days (maybe 7). Its a battle to keep her in the house until I drop her at 8am (time it opens), and don't even try to pick her up early when she's playing with her friends.
    As mentioned the staff are very friendly. The owners ( a married couple) seem to have a real passion for the job, and this is all to the benefit of the children's welfare. They seem to run a tight ship in regards to the teachers experiences and certification, but what I've noticed is that at least 90% of the people there (from the bus drivers, the kitchen/cleaning staff and the child minders) are the ones that were there when we started 4 years ago. Those that left mostly seemed to be going on maternity leave, and I can't remember anyone coming and leaving in a short period. I think that consistency real helps the kids experiences.
    The food is excellent, the really get the kids eating a wide variety of fruit and veg, this is where the heard mentality kicks in and they all eat everything. She'd come home and say she had peppers and hummus for a snack and you'd know if you tried that at home there would be no chance. I know some crèches make you bring your own, so maybe you need to take that into account in the cost. She never needs dinner when she comes home either as she has always eaten enough during the day, so no pressure to get dinner made up.
    The facilities are excellent, well maintained, and spotless. I'm sure that there are those Crèche reports online somewhere (HSE) if you want to read up on that.
    They really try to get the out in the gardens as much as possible to get them active, and when the weather is good they make use of the fields and forests around for nature walks which the kids seem to love.
    In regards to the pre-school year. They do the Montessori teaching. That wasn't something I was actively looking for 4 years ago but I've really seen the benefit of it this years. From this Sept when she moves to school she will continue to go their for After School as they seems to have some good facilities to support that.

This probably reads like one of those fake Trip Advisor reviews but I can just give me own experiences. Of course every kid is different.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thanks for replies, no it wasnt tigin, we're just going to go and view them all and see which one suits best and talk cash then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I have my small fella in Giraffe in Northern Cross (10 mins down the road). I went to visit all the places in Swords inc Links down in Kinsealy and we decided on Giraffe. Wasn't the cheaper or most expensive. Think it was 940 a month for 5 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement