Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Aul Hunchio with his little sombrero. They would sell y'know. Cinqo de Mayo was a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    Had a lot of fun on that cast, thanks for popping on fellas.

Next cast will be after Payback.

With luck we will have some good news to tell all 4 listeners. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Only getting to listen now and at the Hunchyo part. No idea where you got the idea that he's a bear, but I think it could work. Torito vs Hunchyo for WM XXXI.

And Calisto debuted on NXT a few weeks ago and is teamed with El Locale(Ricardo Rodriguez)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yous should talk about BWE rather than Raw this week :D

A Failure
    Recording again tomorrow.

Shoot us some questions.

• Advertisement

CHIKARA if any of yous watched it?

A Failure
    Since I was late last time, I'll ask the question now "With Adam Rose and Bo Dallas's debuts recently, what was your favourite and least favourite debut in recent history?" So well after the likes of Y2J and those guys, since that era seems to have had a good few.

A Failure
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since I was late last time, I'll ask the question now "With Adam Rose and Bo Dallas's debuts recently, what was your favourite and least favourite debut in recent history?" So well after the likes of Y2J and those guys, since that era seems to have had a good few.

Seems like a good topic for something new I want to bring into the cast.

I had another topic in my head but this will do fine.

A Failure
    Just to add, my debut is not eligible. :)

A Failure
    Cancelling this evenings cast unfortunately.

One of our regulars is ill.

We'll reschedule asap.

• Advertisement

A Failure
    Ok folks, barring some sort of bad luck, we are set to record on Wednesday.

We have plenty to talk about so should be a decent show.

Gonna devote 15-20 mins to general wrestling discussion too. Following CTs suggestion, we will discuss our best and worst debuts in wrestling.

You can expect a topic of some sort on every show in the future.

Shoot your questions here too and we'll work through em as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A Failure
    How would you repackage Sheamus? I think he is the stalest character going, worse than Cena, constantly find myself changing channels anytime I see him.

Brie or Nikki?

Use whatever criteria you want.

A Failure
    Think more divisive would be Paige or Emma

Think more divisive would be Paige or Emma
    We'll ask one a week :D

I think Brie is more popular but I'd much rather Nikki so it might be a good hour long discussion on their best assests :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    new cast in the proverbial bag, fun as always felahs,

here is the JR vid I mentioned

A Failure
    Episode 9: http://www.mixcloud.com/bmulhall/boardsie-pw-podcast-episode-9/

Sorry it's late. Enjoy.

There's a drop about 8 minutes in when we had some technical issues for a few minutes. It's not too bad.

Advisory: You might not want to listen if you are easily offended. :pac::pac:

A Failure
    Why? What'd you say about gnfrhead or AJ now? :)

A Failure
    I knew it! Sean said at one point that "Ambrose had loads to Ryback on" I convinced myself at the time that he must have said fall back but no it was Ryback

weird listening back now too as we chatted about the Shield Debut while Moneymaker had technical problems so now it sounds a bit weird how he brings up the Shields debut later and the rest of us stay silent then I say we had already talked about it even though nobody heard that.

The Bret stuff, I almost felt bad laughing so much but it was funny, then Owen... and then the worst insult ever AJ is AJ you know great stuff!

dislike Ricochet? your a bad person

I r disappoint. :(

Hour and a half of almost constant WWE :pac:

Can't believe yous left out Gail vs Taryn when talking about women's matches.

"Good signs for the Midcard" or words to that effect. I'm fairly sure the same was said about the tag division six months ago and look at it now. Another of Triple H's so called big plans that bombed.

I thought the Bret stuff was mean, then Owen was mentioned. Yous are all going to hell :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I thought the Bret stuff was mean, then Owen was mentioned. Yous are all going to hell :pac:

It's dissapointing when your name is heel and you don't say the most offensive thing on the show. I'll have to work harder for next cast!

A Failure
    I r disappoint. :(

Hour and a half of almost constant WWE :pac:

Can't believe yous left out Gail vs Taryn when talking about women's matches.

"Good signs for the Midcard" or words to that effect. I'm fairly sure the same was said about the tag division six months ago and look at it now. Another of Triple H's so called big plans that bombed.

Plenty to talk about in WWE. We didn't even cover everything in an hour and a half. Imagine if we only recorded yesterday when all the firings happened. :pac:

I'm so down on TNA right now and I don't have any interest in talking about it really, frankly.

Knew we forgot something when talking womens matches. Gail v Taryn was always great.

A Failure
    Still have to listen. Downloaded last night but I can imagine you recording yesterday, as you said, as the firings were happening. "This just in..." "Ah sure JTG's safe as alw... Wow he's gone!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure
    Still have to listen. Downloaded last night but I can imagine you recording yesterday, as you said, as the firings were happening. "This just in..." "Ah sure JTG's safe as alw... Wow he's gone!"

Doing one during the releases would have been brilliant, actually wouldn't mind doing one sooner than normal just to focus on the releases and what's best for all of them now

A Failure
    Part of the way through now. Cheers for discussing my topic. I agree it seems the hyped ones that usually turn crap. Nathan Jones is my usual example for this.

But one thing I didn't understand. One of you said wrestling fans would be happy if Cena turned heel. I don't understand the term "happy wrestling fan". I don't believe there is such a thing. :pac:

Dixie Carter approached you and for some reason you accepted the job on offer. Maybe you like the idea of being paid in Mars bars instead of money? Whatever the reason, you've been tasked with re-booting the company as a last ditch effort to turn things around.

How far do you go? Drop all storylines, vacate the titles, fire half the employees, change the name to NJPW and hope to trick people into watching? You have a blank cheque to do whatever you want bar giving up. You have to see it through. You can replace a maximum of 10 employees so it isnt an impossible task.

A Failure
    Dixie Carter approached you and for some reason you accepted the job on offer. Maybe you like the idea of being paid in Mars bars instead of money? Whatever the reason, you've been tasked with re-booting the company as a last ditch effort to turn things around.

How far do you go? Drop all storylines, vacate the titles, fire half the employees, change the name to NJPW and hope to trick people into watching? You have a blank cheque to do whatever you want bar giving up. You have to see it through. You can replace a maximum of 10 employees so it isnt an impossible task.

Will be discussed in detail on the next cast. Thanks for the question.

I'd like to record again on the 25th, i've put feelers out to the relevant people.

Watch this space. I have a few regulars lined up who've expressed an interest on coming on too.

A Failure
    So... Paige or Emma? :)

A Failure
    So... Paige or Emma? :)

aka

So...Moneymaker vs Thebostoncrab? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Failure