Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Podcast Episode 13 - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A Failure
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So... Paige or Emma? :)

Is both an acceptable answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Obviously AJ is the right answer!

A Failure
    Going to start making separate threads for each podcast if that's alright with mods.

Anyway, this week's line up;

Me
    Mrkiscool
    thebostoncrab
    beakerjoe
    Omackerel
    Bounty Hunter(if he replies to my skype messages :pac: )

We will discuss the question gnfrhead asked us about TNA, we'll preview and make "expert" predictions for MITB, WWEs latest ongoings and recent departures, discuss ROH Best in the World(gotta watch it first) and whatever other nonsense comes up.

Shoot me any questions or topics you want us to talk about too.

As an aside, want to thank all the regulars in the first 9 episodes. Even if it's only for a small audience, it's been hugely enjoyable and a pleasure to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    Was actually just thinking at lunch while watching WrestleTalk tv (you guys are better, of course :)) but if WCW had never folded, what shape do you think the industry would be in today?

So I guess would the attitude era have ended? Or would WCW have gone PG as well?
    This is working under the assumption that WCW is still seen as competition at WWE's level rather than being at the level TNA are at.

I missed the Attitude era and WCW for that period so couldn't really answer to it myself

Oh and with all those guys on the podcast, who's left to listen to the show apart from me and gnfnrhead? :pac:

A Failure
    Each cast gets about 30-50 plays I've found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    CastorTroy wrote: »

Oh and with all those guys on the podcast, who's left to listen to the show apart from me and gnfnrhead? :pac:

I'll listen to every episode but the ones I'm on myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bounty Hunter(if he replies to my skype messages :pac: )

Honestly ive not seen any :confused:

but whatever, I'll know if I am available tonight hopefully (someone might be swopping work shifts with me due to an unrelated matter and that would free me up for both this and next weeks post MITB shows assuming you still plan to have one next week too (either way I should be able to make that one).

I'd be like Hashtag and listen to everyone im not on but admit I listen to some im on too like last time when I wanted to see what the edits had been like etc still though I guess we must have a few more than the 4/5 listeners we joke about.

the TNA & WCW questions are good ones imo (keep em coming folks, looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion on it and hopefully giving my own

o and btw, the mods were chatting on an unrelated matter but (and as someone involved it sucks being the one to say this) we dont think the show should have a new thread everytime there is a new show but I will edit the title evertime there is a new one from now on and we can also bump it at that time.

that said im going out now though so to garner more interest I wont merge this and the old one until tonight

A Failure
    No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Failure
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    No bother.

Bad MM, BAD!

Bounty Hunter with the heel turn, shooting down Moneymaker! :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement

A Failure
    He did it for the Rock!

A Failure
    j.gif

or perhaps more suitable / topical (then again when isn't a Cena turn brought up)

seth-rollins-turns-heel-o.gif

Rollins = me
    Reigns = MM
    Ambrose = the podcast crew
    Evolution = The other mods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A Failure
    I've always wanted to be Ambrose. My dreams have come true.

A Failure
    I'm fine with being the guy who rams and punches everyone in the face.

A few chair shots to back, no bother.

A Failure
    Looks like I wont be able to make it tomorrow, have to cover the later shift in work :(

that said ill throw my predictions in here etc so I can be held accountable next week when ill have the early shift and can join you for the MITB fall out episode (assuming that is recorded next week)

World Title match winner: Cesaro

why? Well he is due a push imo, there is talk that Bryan would be right back into the title picture when he returns (Kayfabe wise he kinda has to after not losing the title) and him vs Cesaro would be great and fresh. Cena / Orton with the belt would get sh!t on by the crowd or they just couldnt give two sh!ts and Reigns should be kept free of the gold right now cos A) he isn't ready yet imo and B) him feuding with HHH at Summerslam needs not the belt and will be a huge step in getting him ready for it. Sheamus has a mid card belt and is only now improving back to where he could be imo after his gimmick went stale pre injury. ADR and Kane... ummm no please just no

Wyatt is the one im not sure about though he could be the other non Cena / Orton route they could go.

MITB: Barrett

For me it had to be Wade. The potential promos with his Bad New Gimmick, the fact that he was heavily rumoured to be winning MITB before but got injured and the fact that appart from him the rest in that match are making up the numbers imo except for Rollins and Ambrose and I dont think either of them need it atm especially with the fact that they will be feuding with each other for the next while. They both have a good chance though but if its anyone other than those 3 though ill be very surprised.

After that Paige retains, Rusev Crush, I Bo'lieve Dallas will win against someone and im actually torn on the Usos vs The Wyatts

WCW, its possible could have went PG too if for example WWE showed the money was there but I would imagine there would be a lot more edgy ratings grabbing segments esp later in the broadcast (after the watershed) if there was still direct competition on at the same time.

TNA would like to answer but that would take too long for here and now

A Failure
    We've had to postpone til Friday unfortunately.

Apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

A Failure
    *Rubs inside of elbow and sniffs quickly*

"Y'all got any of them episodes?"

A Failure
    Episode 10 is ready to go :)

http://www.mixcloud.com/bmulhall/boardsie-pw-podcast-episode-10/

Hope you all enjoy it.

A Failure

the quote i mentioned
    "Later on tonight, I’ll be facing the man many people have referred to as the “Big Red Retard”. Now, not that I have anything against retards. In fact many of my biggest fans are retards."

but how could i forget the classic Kurt Angle trash talk that was...

"Rey Mysterio, I want you to remember one thing, you’re a boy in a man’s world, and I’m a man that loves to play with boys. No, wait a minute! What I meant to say is, you’re a boy and I’m a man, and tonight I’m gonna manhandle you. No...hold on a second! Rey Mysterio, you remember this, pal, you’re a boy and I’m a man, and when you and I get together here tonight I’m gonna get on top of you and...no! Dammit! Mysterio, just get your ass down here..."

Listening now so before I forget. It was asked if something changed backstage in TNA. They hired an advertising company (not sure what the proper name is for what they do) and they pretty much take care of the promoting and advertising side of things. I suspect they are behind the NY shows, Tokyo and the Six Sided ring. Don't think anything else has changed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great show as ever but wasn't keen on hearing Summerslam spoilers to be very honest! Had managed to avoid THAT promotional poster (which I still haven't seen). Very easy show to listen to. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

You got a new listener.

I'm guessing it's just me. This went the way of Adam Rose's career near the end and I haven't gotten it to play again since. Tried on tablet and phone but nothing. Any suggestions?

Was really enjoying it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A Failure
    I usually download using jdownloader to download then listen to it as mp3.

A Failure
    Episode 11 coming your way Wednesday.

Weekly now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A Failure
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If Raw and TNA keep going the way they are going it may have to be. Both have stepped up their game dramatically. Add into that NJPW, NXT about to become fcuking awesome with Devitt, Steen and Kenta and the indy scene in general in America wrestling is definitely going well.

A Failure

If there's plenty to talk about and we can record, then sure.

A Failure
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Great show as ever but wasn't keen on hearing Summerslam spoilers to be very honest! Had managed to avoid THAT promotional poster (which I still haven't seen). Very easy show to listen to. Keep up the good work.

Ah Im sorry dude, my bad. I just assumed everyone had saw it. Blame WWE who spoiled it on me (ahhh avoiding the blame)

Listening now so before I forget. It was asked if something changed backstage in TNA. They hired an advertising company (not sure what the proper name is for what they do) and they pretty much take care of the promoting and advertising side of things. I suspect they are behind the NY shows, Tokyo and the Six Sided ring. Don't think anything else has changed though.

Well they are slowly moving in the right direction. With ROH doing better lately Im hoping TNA dont get plunge further into the abyss. Hopefully they can keep going forward slowly following on from the New York shows.

Have we any questions for for this weeks episode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Question from me would be what do the panel think of Paige's WWE run so far. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I heard she was this anti-diva etc but have yet to see anything of that. Actually, isn't that what AJ is essentially. But yeah, just would like to hear ya'll discuss her run/booking to this point.

Advertisement