If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for options in a 40-43" value TV

Options
  • 23-06-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Posted this in another thread here a while back but probably should have started a new thread.

I'm in the market for a TV with the following criteria:
    - full HD
    - saorview/freeview
    - 40-43 inch range (give or take) 
    - USB slot that reads most files

Looking for a something that's good value by which I mean a high quality TV but without the extras of 3D or Smart-ness :-)

Can you tell me if I can use the Cambridge Minx Air 200 (that I recently got from you guys :-) ) as an audio output device with this TV via Bluetooth? 
    If not, what other options are available to me? 

I'm planning to wall mount it so would be good to get prices to include that and delivery to Galway.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey guys.

Posted this in another thread here a while back but probably should have started a new thread.

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview

Looking for a something that's good value by which I mean a high quality TV but without the extras of 3D or Smart-ness :-)

Can you tell me if I can use the Cambridge Minx Air 200 (that I recently got from you guys :-) ) as an audio output device with this TV via Bluetooth? 

I'm planning to wall mount it so would be good to get prices to include that and delivery to Galway.

Thanks!
    Hi Stan,

Unfortunately most good quality screens these days have smart and 3D.  Doesn't mean you have to use them though :)

If you didn't mind an ex display model I'd highly recommend the Panasonic TXL 42ET60 at £549.95.  This was one of the best TVs from last year under £600 in my opinion.  Fantastic picture and motion handling, really couldn't fault it.  We're clearing this screen at £549.00 and that includes our 5 year guarantee.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et60b/pana-txl42et60b

You could also check out the Sony KDL42W706.  Sony have brought up some fantastic screens this year.  We've got the 706 brand new for just £519.00 and this includes a 5 year guarantee also:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl42w706b/sony-kdl42w706bsu

Let me know what you think :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Hey guys.

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview

Thanks!
    Hi Stan,

Unfortunately most good quality screens these days have smart and 3D.  Doesn't mean you have to use them though :)

If you didn't mind an ex display model I'd highly recommend the Panasonic TXL 42ET60 at £549.95.  This was one of the best TVs from last year under £600 in my opinion.  Fantastic picture and motion handling, really couldn't fault it.  We're clearing this screen at £549.00 and that includes our 5 year guarantee.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et60b/pana-txl42et60b

You could also check out the Sony KDL42W706.  Sony have brought up some fantastic screens this year.  We've got the 706 brand new for just £519.00 and this includes a 5 year guarantee also:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl42w706b/sony-kdl42w706bsu

Chris
    2 nice options Chris / Kenny.
    Can you give me an idea of how long the Panasonic was on display for?
    Will both of those work with my Cambridge Minx Air 200?
    Can you also price in a wall mount and delivery?
    Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey guys.

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview

Thanks!
    Hi Stan,

Chris
    2 nice options Chris / Kenny.
    Can you give me an idea of how long the Panasonic was on display for?
    Will both of those work with my Cambridge Minx Air 200?
    Can you also price in a wall mount and delivery?
    Thanks!

Hi Stan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Both screens will work with your Minx Air 200 :)

How would you like the screen mounted?  For flat to wall I'd suggest the Sanus VML5 at £49.95.  This can hold up to a 50" screen so it's handy if you ever wanted to upgrade to a bigger screen:

On the Panasonic we wouldn't be able to deliver it unfortunately :(  As it's ex display we no longer have the original packaging.

The Sony and bracket could be delivered for just £29.95.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.