Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 23/06/14 *Spoilers*

• 23-06-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭

WWE invades Washington, DC at the Verizon center for Monday Night Raw. Here is what’s on tap for tonight’s show:

* There will be a contract signing for the WWE Championship ladder match.
    * Who else will join Seth Rollins in the second Money in the Bank ladder match?

* Fallout from last week’s Raw, will Vickie Guerrero be fired? Will Roman Reigns be taken out of the WWE Championship ladder match?
    * Are the Funkadactyls going to break up?
    * Final Build towards Money In The Bank PPV
    * Will Dean Ambrose make Seth Rollins pay?
    * Will Cody Rhodes stay Stardust for good?

Source

Comments

A contact signing segment is such a lazy thing in WWE storylines in recent years. Hate them. Just a way to get another week out of the way before a PPV without having to put any effort into a storyline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A contact signing segment is such a lazy thing in WWE storylines in recent years. Hate them. Just a way to get another week out of the way before a PPV without having to put any effort into a storyline.

Over/under on the number of roll up pins followed by a distraction tonight, cactus mac88. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Will Roman Reigns be taken out of the WWE Championship ladder match?

What a tease :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cue a show ending brawl,
    There will be a contract signing for the WWE Championship ladder match.

That'll be best for business, Vickie Guerrero hasn't been relevant a while now.
    Fallout from last week’s Raw, will Vickie Guerrero be fired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Contract signings are just overdone by now. When done right, e.g Jericho and HBK before Unforgiven in 2008, they can be awesome.

Unfortunately they are completely watered down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine if the Raw before a PPV just consisted of all the contract signings for that PPV.

Also pretty poor business management not having all contracts signed so close to the PPV. I mean we have to have negotiations, revisions, legal experts, etc. All very badly organised.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed, contract signings need to go away. Can you explain in kayfabe, why some matches are made on the spot, and others have a public contract signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Agreed, contract signings need to go away. Can you explain in kayfabe, why some matches are made on the spot, and others have a public contract signing?

The same way they have a 3 hour(or 2 hours for Smackdown) live show with no main event planned until the beginning of the show. :) You'd think for a big company, they'd be organised instead of "Okay, we have 3 hours to fill. Let's wing it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The same way they have a 3 hour(or 2 hours for Smackdown) live show with no main event planned until the beginning of the show. :) You'd think for a big company, they'd be organised instead of "Okay, we have 3 hours to fill. Let's wing it"

To be fair, its kinda what the WWE do in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Undertaker expected to be present tonight, according to sources

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Why would The Undertaker show up to a random Monday Night Raw, unless he has some kind of major announcement to make.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, Vickie to get fired tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Angron wrote: »
    So, Vickie to get fired tonight?

I thought she was gone ages ago tbh. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Unreal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huh, I thought she'd sic Alicia Fox on her. And Vickie is a face for the first time in 9 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

Good stuff. You know Stef's a great heel when she's able to put Vicki over as a face!

I'm trying to imagine Vickie pulling off the Three Amigos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm trying to imagine Vickie pulling off the Three Amigos.

This will make my life.

Basically a Smackdown rerun apart from that.

Their really is no reason to watch Smackdown is their? Any somewhat original match which was that handicap between between those guys gets repeated on Raw.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

Undertaker expected to be present tonight, according to sources

Can you name these sources so we can read that ourselves, or is that somehow an impossibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I Wonder what no hoper Rusev will be walking over tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I do wish that the whole world would fcuk off at this stage

Congrats WWE. I'm now completely sick of the "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" song, they ran it completely into the ground.

when does rusev lose to cena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rusev is raw !

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I never know how to feel about Rusev. Its all so 1993. Its equally both a good and bad thing.

I'd say if old Hacksaw was 20 years younger he would take on Rusev, would be a great match

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

I never know how to feel about Rusev. Its all so 1993. Its equally both a good and bad thing.

Was literally just thinking that too. Especially with that video just there.

• Advertisement

Paige's voice. <3

Cameron is painful to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love Sheamus to come out and tell Pagie that the pale skin no tan is his gimmick!

I Believe Bo-Dallas has a Black Eye. Bolieve lol

There needs to be a Mr. Bo-tterfingers t-shirt made pronto

I roared out laughing when Bo said "pardon my Bo-tterfingers" after Titus slapped the mic out of his hand

• Advertisement

HHH taking a dump on RVD there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have'nt bee a fan of Bo but that segment after the match was funny

Damn it JBL, 12.5% is one in eight, not one in seven.

Damn it I love Dean Ambrose.

I think Ambrose is the next Eddie Guerrero.

There, I said it.

• Advertisement

I'm watching this match and all I can think of is if Dolph tagged with Cody, they could call themselves Ziggy Stardust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

andyman wrote: »
    I think Ambrose is the next Eddie Guerrero.

There, I said it.

I dunno, I reckon he'll do better than Vickie.

I'm watching this match and all I can think of is if Dolph tagged with Cody, they could call themselves Ziggy Stardust.

BOOK IT!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dunno, I reckon he'll do better than Vickie.

Was waiting for that!

Seriously though, he can play the face very well despite his character being that more suited to a heel.

Good memories with this music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Have not heard that music in ages sounds as great as ever. Hope Vivhi goes face and goes against the Authority

Oh sweet Jusus a mud fight bringing all the retro back

Credit where credit is due WWE have handled this one night face turn of Vickie beautifully for her evident swan song, for a woman with no eexperience in pro wrestling, she turned out to be one of WWE's most memorable female characters.

Not the best way to end your career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Vince is definitely writing this ****.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement