Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation Dates

• 23-06-2014 2:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Congrats on your results, etc. etc. etc.

Just wondering if anyone knows when graduation is due to take place this year? Ideally for Post Graduate Students

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

All I know is the dates for the August graduations are the 26th - 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/92493308.pdf

Graduation dates by course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks folks, better book some time off work I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Postgraduate Students usually don't graduate until January the following year because your thesis has to be corrected first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Clareman wrote: »
    Thanks folks, better book some time off work I guess :)

Hi Clareman, current PG here. My grad is jan due to thesis being corrected. For most taught PG thats the date. Research ones could be in august, depends when they submit their thesis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was told by the course that graduation will be January, provisional results are in but they need to be reviewed by external people, especially the thesis. I assume that's just a rubber stamp exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

By any chance would someone know how many tickets a student gets for the ceremony. I think its 2 each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

letowski wrote: »
    By any chance would someone know how many tickets a student gets for the ceremony. I think its 2 each?
    I think thats right but not certain. As far as I know there may be a possibility of getting one extra but again I'm not sure. A friend of mine wanted to bring his girlfriend to his and was able to get an extra ticket for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I think thats right but not certain. As far as I know there may be a possibility of getting one extra but again I'm not sure. A friend of none wanted to bring his girlfriend to his and was able to get an extra ticket for her

It is possible to get one on the day, according to UL website

Because it is not possible to exceed the seating capacity of the Concert Hall, requests for extra tickets cannot be accommodated. If extra tickets do become available, they will be made available on graduation day at the Information/Ticket Desk located in the foyer area to the left of the Main Entrance (Main Building) at 09h00 for the morning ceremony and 13h00 for the afternoon ceremony.

• Advertisement

Theres always going to be a few spares with some students not attending. I couldnt attend my undergrad grad due to work commitments so the tickets i sent back were bought on the day i presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

freyners wrote: »
    Theres always going to be a few spares with some students not attending. I couldnt attend my undergrad grad due to work commitments so the tickets i sent back were bought on the day i presume

There is no monetary value attached to the tickets

There is no monetary value attached to the tickets

bought, taken up, same difference really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just a quick one. I am finished my dissertation the end of August,and believe the auld cap and gown day will be in January 2015.

Does this mean I won't have officially graduated until then? I'm looking at the USA 1 year visa, and it asks when graduation date is..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

You do not need to have your official graduation ceremony in order to apply or travel, you just need to have completed your studies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

You're probably fine if you get that letter from SAA to say you're totally done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You do not need to have your official graduation ceremony in order to apply or travel, you just need to have completed your studies.

You'll be able to access your complete transcript, which is what you'll need

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Are graduates conferred individual course by course for each ceremony or is just a complete A-Z call of present graduates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

Skyrim wrote: »
    Are graduates conferred individual course by course for each ceremony or is just a complete A-Z call of present graduates?

They are done by individual course as per the schedule here http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Administration/Ceremonies/Graduate_Conferrings/Information_for_Graduands. Within each course you will be lined up A-Z

Advertisement