Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 UEFA Champions League

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I don't really follow Serie A football so I'll have to ask, what makes people think they can beat Real? The Juve midfield is very strong but that's their only edge, and even then I don't know if they have an edge.

Juve's defence is absolutely top class. They haven't conceded a single goal in any competition in a game that Barzagli has played in since he came back from injury. Buffon is still probably the best goalkeeper in the world. Tevez and Morata are an attack that can beat anyone on their day. Their midfield is world class. If Pobga is back for the first leg that'll be a huge boost. Unfortunately I think he's only due back for the second leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

I don't really follow Serie A football so I'll have to ask, what makes people think they can beat Real? The Juve midfield is very strong but that's their only edge, and even then I don't know if they have an edge.
    If you don't follow serie A then you can't really say what edge they have, can you? Juventus are in the semi final of the UCL for a reason and that is consistency and a big heart imo. Juves attacking team of morata and Tevez would tear a hole in any defence on a good day. I reckon a good day to do it would be against a struggling real madrid. Madrid beat Athletico because athletico went out with such a bad attitude into the second leg and madrid just about managed to handle that. Put them up against a positive and fresh team of vidal, pogba and tevez and their in big trouble. I'm calling it now that Juventus will advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

If you don't follow serie A then you can't really say what edge they have, can you? Juventus are in the semi final of the UCL for a reason and that is consistency and a big heart imo. Juves attacking team of morata and Tevez would tear a hole in any defence on a good day. I reckon a good day to do it would be against a struggling real madrid. Madrid beat Athletico because athletico went out with such a bad attitude into the second leg and madrid just about managed to handle that. Put them up against a positive and fresh team of vidal, pogba and tevez and their in big trouble. I'm calling it now that Juventus will advance.

True I can't really say much about the Juve side, I just meant looking at the names on paper. I admire the confidence and wouldn't mind if you're right, but I think you're being a bit harsh on Madrid. They've won their last 4 games in the Liga BBVA, and just beat Atleti in a CL quarters.

Bayern to win the whole thing. Pep is gonna do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

the_monkey wrote: »
    Barça have won the whole comp, done deal ... next year roll on please when dignity has a chance of coming back to the UCL.

Appropriate username as you seem to come out with sh!te everywhere you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Robben out for the season and lewandowski has a broken nose and jaw aswell as a concussion all from last nights game for them, they also only have dead rubber games left in the bundesliga much like last season when real whooped them. Would have to fancy barca at this stage in the semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tuesday Game

FC Bayern München (GER) 3 V 2 FC Barcelona (ESP) (Agg 3-5)

Wednesday Game

Real Madrid CF (ESP) 1 V 1 Juventus (ITA) (Agg 1-2)

Final

Juventus (ITA) V FC Barcelona (ESP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

1st game over.

2nd game going to be a cracker. Will Juve set out for the 0-0 or to catch Madrid on the counter? Probably.

Will Madrid play as badly as they did in the 1st leg? Surely they need to raise it to get to the final. I do fancy Madrid to win on the night, but not sure if they will go through to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

NIMAN wrote: »
    1st game over.

2nd game going to be a cracker. Will Juve set out for the 0-0 or to catch Madrid on the counter? Probably.

Will Madrid play as badly as they did in the 1st leg? Surely they need to raise it to get to the final. I do fancy Madrid to win on the night, but not sure if they will go through to the final.

Defensively they were a shambles against Valencia at the weekend.

I'd fancy Juve to score against Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

NIMAN wrote: »
    1st game over.

not so sure about the first game

logic might tell you that Barca won 3-0 and all is over, but the more I re-listen to reviews of the first leg the more its aparant that Bayern were the better team (abeit clueless up front) until Messi proved to be the difference.
    So long as Barca think they have it won, Bayern could pull a surprise.
    Porto mk2 !

I can easily see Bayern getting 2 goals which then leaves Barca defending a 1 goal lead, which then is in reality an open game with everything up for grabs.
    The key is really whether Bayern can keep a clean sheet, and the amount of stupid unforced errors that they have been making in the recent past in defence wouldn't make you confident of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

not so sure about the first game

logic might tell you that Barca won 3-0 and all is over, but the more I re-listen to reviews of the first leg the more its aparant that Bayern were the better team (abeit clueless up front) until Messi proved to be the difference.
    So long as Barca think they have it won, Bayern could pull a surprise.
    Porto mk2 !

I can easily see Bayern getting 2 goals which then leaves Barca defending a 1 goal lead, which then is in reality an open game with everything up for grabs.
    The key is really whether Bayern can keep a clean sheet, and the amount of stupid unforced errors that they have been making in the recent past in defence wouldn't make you confident of that.

I dont think its a done deal completely the game but i just cant see Bayern keeping barca from scoring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sky88 wrote: »
    I dont think its a done deal completely the game but i just cant see Bayern keeping barca from scoring

Agree with this, Bayern will have to attack a lot and if Barca can keep a Clean Sheet for the first 30 mins I can only see Bayern throwing more men foward leaving more space for the Barca Trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tie is a dead rubber. Barca will win by a couple to give guardiolaball the thrashing it deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It'll not be Porto Mk 2 cos this is Barca not Porto.

Porto were a shocking example of a professional team that couldn't even set themselves up to defend a decent lead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Tie is a dead rubber. Barca will win by a couple to give guardiolaball the thrashing it deserves.

Or they could try to out-guardiolaball the guardiolaballers and get a 0-0. So a win-win for guardiolaball, and good over bad.

Wary from a Barcelona perspective, they need to be on it from the start and not think it's a formality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hard to see Barca being so casual as to throw this away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

dfx- wrote: »
    Or they could try to out-guardiolaball the guardiolaballers and get a 0-0. So a win-win for guardiolaball, and good over bad.

Wary from a Barcelona perspective, they need to be on it from the start and not think it's a formality.

I'd be shocked if they weren't on it from the start. Can't recall a big game they've had all season where Enrique didn't have them play with fire with in their bellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good.

Now to see Barca beaten in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The screams out of Alba there was just pathetic.

He done something similar in the first half when holding his shoulder after a little slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Chiellini is 99% out of the final with a calf injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Chiellini is 99% out of the final with a calf injury.

Oh ffs!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement