Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hacksaw blade for cat combing

• 23-06-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭

hi all

its that time of year again where tom our ginger cat is producing the makings of a small cat daily in fur

what I use to comb brush him is a hacksaw blade I find it does a brilliant job anybody else try this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Sounds a bit potentially dangerous!

I just use a very fine bush/comb thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

when I say hacksaw blade I mean very lightly rubbing the cat with it he will tolerate this no problem but any brushes combs etc turns into a battle I usually don't win

but ya I can see why you would be concerned no danger of injury I can guarantee you 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I have a glove mitt thing that I only got the other day, before that it was just using a general pet brush. The amount of stuff that comes off it is unnatural. The first time I used the mitt I though there was something actually wrong!! Better on that than randomly floating all over the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Sounds a bit potentially dangerous!

I just use a very fine bush/comb thing.

No it's actually a thing lol - they're called shedding blades

thanks tk

if im honest it looks just like a hacksaw blade the teeth are only about 1.5mm deep so no fear of hitting the skin in my guy anyway

jaysus I have the makings of another cat in a bag here at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Zoom Grooms are the best, but my cat doesn't like the sensation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Mine's really easy to brush.

Simply hold the brush and the cat rubs off it purring away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

You get these great brushes I cant find the name of them. But they have what I suppose would be described as a scouped blade.. They work wonders especially for long hair, mind or two are short hair and it takes loads off them. I cant find what they are called on the net but they are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've tried lots of things the grooming glove, zoom groom, furminator and slicker brushes. Only Jazzy likes to be brushed, he'd let you brush him all day long. Felix hates it and the other 2 tolerate it occasionally. Ironic that the cat that loves to be brushed was the feral one:) So now I mostly use the slicker brush and sneak in the furminator the odd time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

<snip>

No, Stella Virgo. Just... No.
    Not in this forum.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement

<snip>

oh thank you so much you don't realise how helpful this suggestion is

im sure your superior knowledge of cat care knows no bounds why not write a book on the subject

thank you dbb

Advertisement