Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More alcohol nonsense

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/committeetakes/AGJ2014062400006

Interesting watch on the TV, Made my blood boil the fact that every single TD was going on about getting people back in the pub. I mean seriously, What other country would let TD's setup stall in a debate over grain prices and that to defend publicans. They want to get everyone back in the pub so Mr publican can decide when you have had to much to drink. As cheep alcohol at home is the devil, Mentions of re jigging the tax in offies and supermarkets to make it more attractive to spend your money in the pub. I mean Jesus, you could not make this up. Point out the stupid price of alcohol here and that countries with far cheaper alcohol considered themselves having no drink problem fell on def ears. All they seem to be interested is more tax. No that consistently Drinking has gone down here year on year for years. We are drinking less.

Advertisement