Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for display calibrator...

• 23-06-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭

Hello all, could someone recommend a decent, not too pricey calibrator please?

Thanks, Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Thanks OldGoat. Looks like I'd need to go for the pro model if I want to switch profiles between laptop LCD and an external monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Are you sure?
    You know your needs better then I but I have no issue using the calibration on both laptop and monitor.
    Admittedly I had to use it on the laptop much more frequently because of the changing light and even the angle I tilt the screen too. In the end I found that I now do most editing on the laptop and only do the final colour corrections on the PC monitor before printing.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

other thing you have to watch for is generally a laptop graphics card can not support 2 luts. so can hold a profile simultaneously with external monitor

while since i looked but doesnt spyder express not give you the advanced options in the software, its wizard based instead?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    You know your needs better then I but I have no issue using the calibration on both laptop and monitor.
    Admittedly I had to use it on the laptop much more frequently because of the changing light and even the angle I tilt the screen too. In the end I found that I now do most editing on the laptop and only do the final colour corrections on the PC monitor before printing.
    I'm only going by what the website says but that could be BS.
    stcstc wrote: »
    other thing you have to watch for is generally a laptop graphics card can not support 2 luts. so can hold a profile simultaneously with external monitor
    What's "luts"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

look up table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

Spyder does a good job. I have one for years and cant complain. Also if you have a NEC or Eizo screen I would recommend Basic color display(for monitors LUT calibration) + spyder.

Thanks folks. I ended up getting the Spyder 4 Pro and I'm very happy with it. Prints are far better now. I should have done this ages ago!

Advertisement