Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People on the dole!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I have a job and am surviving, but I am not reaping as much rewards as I should be. What would happen to the dole drawers in the animal kingdom?

See "What makes it so hard is not that you had it so bad, but that you're that pissed that so may others had it good."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 fuzzle

we can give out about them, but i've thought about this before... you wouldnt be "better off" on the dole at all, they have it tough enough.

put it this way: would you prefer to have the money to go on holidays abroad in the summertime, or would you prefer to be stuck with the irish weather and have to resort to taking to the parks/beaches of ireland with the rest of them?

the only ones who have it easy are the ones who WORK HARD at figuring out the system and all the loopholes - which imo is a tougher job than what i currently do in the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I get the impression most of the people who seem so concerned with the ''dole scumbags'' are the same ones who are in jobs they hate and they spend most of there week working like dogs for sweet **** all.......

Is it a bitterness or a jealously thing ?

That's exactly what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

catallus wrote: »
    They also close the threads about boobies and beer, which makes me make a sadface. :(

Catallus, you are a conundrum! That or you have some sort of split personality that completely baffles me. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

People on the dole are worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hitler created the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

For what it's worth, I now view you as less than me too

But wait, isn't your strange sense of esteem based on financial security:D:D:D

You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at three in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Wrong.

Hitler did not create the dole, but he did give free travel cards to "dole drawers". Proof

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at three in the morning!

Nah you would probably fined him playing Wagner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I think very little about the daily lives of people on the dole but I tells ya, bus wánkers, whats up with them? Its like a special level of peasent to commute on busses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Turtwig wrote: »
    Hitler created the dole.

People on the dole created Hitler.

I think very little about the daily lives of people on the dole but I tells ya, bus wánkers, whats up with them? Its like a special level of peasent to commute on busses.

Ugh, the lowest of the low. It's alright for me, I have a car friend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Wrong.

Hitler did not create the dole, but he did give free travel cards to "dole drawers". Proof

'Atta boy da fuhrer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Do you ever feel that in life, often times the more mature person loses out to the hands of the idiots, the weak and obviously the cruel! I'm not talking about people who are too kind, or a push-overs... when they lose out to others, it's sort of they're own fault.

Take people on the dole for example; does it ever annoy to think that, God knows how many hours of your working week goes to fund people on the dole so they can(not all of them), flush money down the toilet. I know they'll never achieve fame and success, but they still get to leave reasonaly good lives for doing no work, which I resent!

Whatever happened to survival of the fittest. Now it's either survival of the cronies, or survival of the fittest OF the fittest. Kinda ironic!?

You need a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Tony EH wrote: »
    You need a woman.

He Could go to the dole office and apply for a jobbrige girlfriend maybe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Do you ever feel that in life, often times the more mature person loses out to the hands of the idiots, the weak and obviously the cruel! I'm not talking about people who are too kind, or a push-overs... when they lose out to others, it's sort of they're own fault.

Take people on the dole for example; does it ever annoy to think that, God knows how many hours of your working week goes to fund people on the dole so they can(not all of them), flush money down the toilet. I know they'll never achieve fame and success, but they still get to leave reasonaly good lives for doing no work, which I resent!

Whatever happened to survival of the fittest. Now it's either survival of the cronies, or survival of the fittest OF the fittest. Kinda ironic!?

oh god forbid you'll never be on the dole, you'd need a step ladder to get up on that high horse your on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

c_man wrote: »
    I heard from a friend that the Dolees are getting top quality blowjobs from fine looking birds while they're waiting to sign on. Some are also supplied with cigars lit with flaming E50 notes. Swear to god.

The blowjobs bit is true alright but it is actually €20 notes that are now used to light the cigars. "No cuts to core payments" - you lied to us Joan Burton, you lied to us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He Could go to the dole office and apply for a jobbrige girlfriend maybe

Jesus, don't be putting ideas into their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Catallus, you are a conundrum! That or you have some sort of split personality that completely baffles me. :P

Conundrum? Is that some sort of street slang for "a very cool person"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I have a job and am surviving, but I am not reaping as much rewards as I should be. What would happen to the dole drawers in the animal kingdom?

What will you do if you lose that job? Or do you think its safe for the next 40 years???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Chucken wrote: »
    What will you do if you lose that job? Or do you think its safe for the next 40 years???

He'll sign on the dole faster than you can say "Do you do backpayments?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

juice1304 wrote: »
    such an original thread topic for AH, I can't believe no one else thought of a dole bashing thread before.
    Yes of course everyone is living it up on 188 a week:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: everyone on the dole has chosen to be on it. Like me i just love it so much that is why i am emigrating to find work, thats why i spend 8 hours a day at a language course and another 3 at night welding. friends,family who needs them.:mad:
    What annoys me is the ignorance of those with jobs who label everyone without beneath them and dole scroungers. The vast majority on the dole would much rather be working. Anyway i am sure you know this and are just trolling but i am fairly sick of it at this stage.

I agree and generalised sweeping statements are unfair. However I can tell you my next door neighbour, himself and the missus, haven't worked in years. He's on the dole and does nixers on the side whilst she seems to mind other kids most days of the week.

The problem I have is that he drinks in the local at least 5 nights a week and doesn't seem to be job hunting nor taking part in further education etc.
    From where I am they certainly don't seem to be struggling, far from it in fact. They've gone from 2 cars to 1 mind you but that's about the worst of it. The last I knew they had a mortgage similar to my own too.

It's getting to me as I'm busting my balls to pay my bills and provide for my family while others (a minority I hope) abuse the system to maintain a fairly decent lifestyle on the backs of others hard work and sacrifices. It seems so unfair but I know that's somewhat naive of me....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

Links234 wrote: »
    I've always said they should make people on the dole fight homeless people for our entertainment, the winner gets a jobsbridge at Tesco

*I've never said that

Trannies fighting gay midgets would be better and the winner gets to suck Elton John off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

omega man wrote: »
    I agree and generalised sweeping statements are unfair. However I can tell you my next door neighbour, himself and the missus, haven't worked in years. He's on the dole and does nixers on the side whilst she seems to mind other kids most days of the week.

The problem I have is that he drinks in the local at least 5 nights a week and doesn't seem to be job hunting nor taking part in further education etc.
    From where I am they certainly don't seem to be struggling, far from it in fact. They've gone from 2 cars to 1 mind you but that's about the worst of it. The last I knew they had a mortgage similar to my own too.

It's getting to me as I'm busting my balls to pay my bills and provide for my family while others (a minority I hope) abuse the system to maintain a fairly decent lifestyle on the backs of others hard work and sacrifices. It seems so unfair but I know that's somewhat naive of me....

I understand your argument and it is totally fair and frustrating. I knew a guy where i am from who straight out of leaving school, goes on the dole and spends all his time in the pub drinking. five years on and he still is doing that

I am on the dole and looking and looking for work and dont get any reply. So its not everyone who is doing this behavior. Applied for job bridges and hear nothing back. I do a bit of handy work around the area alright. But dying to get working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

omega man wrote: »

Well i can see your frustration which is fair enough. but it is not on the backs of other people per say and more on the back of a loan from Germany the money from the people goes to pay off the interest of the loan of a private bank. that is what i would be getting annoyed about not the minority of people on the dole who want to be there. The government would much rather you be annoyed about that though.

*sigh*

OP, continue to troll this forum and you will have your access removed.

Please don't feed the trolls people! It gets them all excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement