Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S7 - EP1 "Jesus Gonna Be Here" [*SPOILERS WITHIN*]

• 23-06-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭

A band of rogue H-vamps crashes the vampire-human mixer at Bellefleur's, with shocking results. As Sookie seeks refuge from accusations that she's somehow to blame for the chaos in Bon Temps, the "one vampire for every human" plan moves forward. In the face of a vigilante insurrection led by redneck Vince, Bill receives aid from an unexpected source.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The fact that there was no real talk to the lead up to this season here and that no one has posted anything says a lot.

I didn't like last season, I especially didn't like the stupid Hep V thing and pairing up a human with a vampire, so when it looks like they are going to focus this season on that, I'm not too excited.

Tara...is she actually dead or is that some sort of storyline where she didn't really die and we find out later. I never really liked Tara, I think she became more interesting when she became a vampire,but like most people, she was just a bit meh. However if that was how they did kill her off then it was such a bad way. Why change her to a vampire a few seasons ago, have her start something with Pam, only to kill her (off-screen) within a minute of the episode? Was fairly lame.

The whole Bon Temps hating Sookie thing...get over it, boring and stupid storyline. No eric, Pam looking for him. The few that were kidnapped...all that feels like it will drag on for a few episodes when it is not interesting. Its the last season and only has 10 eps. What's the end game for the show? Because right now, and based on the trailer at the end for the upcoming season, looks like its going to go the way of Dexter with a disappointing last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Yeah, I didn't love this premiere. It didn't capture my interest for the rest of the season, though I'm still planning on seeing it through to the end since it's the series finale.

True Blood when it started was funny, interesting, lighthearted. This small town warfare angle is none of those things. If they wanted an interesting war plotline, they'd really need to scale it up to something larger than Bon Temps. But scaling the show up is never something that True Blood has done successfully. Even their stories with Kings, The Authority/Vampire League, Gods, etc always felt so provincial and low stakes. A few village folk squaring off against some diseased vampires is not going to turn this into an epic action series. And attempting to focus on that is just detracting from the sorts of things that True Blood ever did succeed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was expecting to come here and see a couple pages of posts, but I think most people have lost interest by now. I think if it wasn't the final season, I might've not watched either.

I don't get why they're blaming Sookie for everything that happened. It's not like she introduced all vampires to Bon Temps.
    I thought Sam revealed he was a shifter to everyone already.

Who is this new mayoral candidate? Seems to have come from nowhere to get everyone wound up.

Why go searching for a nest of vamps during the night and not during the day? I assumed it was to get them before the captives are killed, but sure they checked one building each then went home. Why not think of going to Fangtasia?

The most interesting part of this was the Jessica standoff. I knew she would be invited in by the end but why didn't Jessica just leave when it was turning dawn since the other vamp couldn't get in anyway?

Looking like we'll see some of Bill's past going by the memory he was having, though think the final season is a bit late for his backstory.

And if Tara is dead, then she had a cheap death. As much as I didn't like her when human, she deserved a proper death scene.

I didn't watch the trailer for the season, but any predictions on who will die and who will survive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Not as exciting as id hoped... two many little storylines i thought.. Sookie was in it very little and when she was it was so boring.. i was hoping something more exciting would happen when she was walking home alone in the woods. No Eric :( All the Jessica scenes were good though... Is lafayette and her man gona get together..?! Killing Tara off like that was disappointing (if she is actually dead, that mother is daft) and it never showed Pam feeling that Tara had been killed... mmmhh :confused:
    Wonder who whistled to the Hep V people that time at the start when everyone was fighting and killing each other.. I really hope it was Sarah Newlin! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just want Eric back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Awful episode. Can't get over its decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brutal episode, the acting was absolutely terrible even with actors who were okay in previous seasons. It all had such a cheap feel to it, don't think I could be bothered with watching anymore except for the fact that this is the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Surely Pam would have felt something with Tara dying being her maker and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

She's obviously not dead or they would have showed it.

Advertisement